Sign in to follow this  
LittleVoice

Manchester Apollo 3rd December 2009

quote:
Originally posted by LittleVoice:

I'm now ooop North ensconced in Chorley and on the long drive up from East Sussex, I played every Regina song that I have over at least twice! Big Grin

I set off at 5am in the rain & dark then nearing Birmingham as I played songs from "Begin To Hope" a Full Moon appeared in front of me out of the mist, adding to the atmosphere of "Better" in particular. Wink

I managed to show my son & grandson my "Far" DVD & we enjoyed this;

This evening I go into Manchester for the first time in decades, when I went to Uni there, so I have my fingers crossed for,

ONE HELLUVA NIGHT! Roll Eyes

I hope you have lots and lots of fun tonight!!! Big Grin

sussex <3 i'm hopping on a train in 4 hours. should really do my hair and get things together. trying to downplay my own anticipation like crazy, but whenever i'm in a room alone i immediately jump around. will be cool, will be cool....

hopefully we'll have some kickass stories to share. xoxo manchesterrrrrrr!

Due to the very wet weather on Thursday 3rd December 2009, Regina's welcome to Manchester was a tad dampened. Eeker

In the morning, I set out to create a video to set the scene for you, but was not allowed to use the song I originally used titled "Lachrimosa" & had to audioswap! Frowner

Despite all the rain, we were still buzzing in the evening, when we set off in good time, got to the venue an hour early at 6pm, scouted round then went off to a local Cafe Express. Smiler

The doors of the Manchester Apollo were due to open at 7pm but didn't, so there was a queue round the block! Eeker

DSC09888-1.jpg

DSC09886.jpg

We got out of the cold & damp into the venue around 7.30pm and Jenny Owen Youngs came on at 8pm for a half hour Solo Set and did very well considering that the audience were 99% focussed on our Regina. Wink

I was impressed enough with Jenny to get her CD, "Transmitter Failure", at the interval and from what I have heard of it so far, I can recommend it. Cool

The Apollo was much bigger than I thought and the stage was set with Glitterballs, lights, a superb Grand Piano, keyboard, a fine set of drums and a podium for Regina's Cello & Fiddle Players. Smiler

Regina came on to a tumultuous welcome at 9pm and set off with a rousing performance of "The Calculation". Roll Eyes

From the start, Regina had the audience in her hand, all the responses were good humoured, no-one threw anything onstage and the rapporte was excellent. Big Grin

Videoing was not encouraged however! Frowner

Needless to say, even though I seemed to be a zillion miles from the stage, my new little camera, captured a slice or two of the action last night, to share some sense of the atmosphere at the very latest Regina LIVE gig, with all of you! Wink