Sign in to follow this  
Greenyz

So I've gotten my wisdom teeth removed

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

Not to be a smartass but my package of ibuprofen (400mg) explicitly says no more than 3 pills a day.

i should've been more specific. if your pills are 200mg each then take 3, 3 times a day.

1800mg ibuprofen/motrin/advil per day is generally well within the realm of theraputic safety for an average size person. just make sure you eat with it since it can be rough on the stomach.

ibuprofen is better anyway for after extraction, tylenol doesn't have comparable anti-inflammatory properties.

I got my first wisdom tooth taken out in seventh grade (why did my teeth mature so fast when the rest of me is eons behind? Well not all of the rest of me... Okay now I'm just digging a hole) and I was loopy on pain killers all day. Haha just thought I'd share my own personal experience.

Well it's the next day and it's not so bad. I tried to eat a burrito but it was painful. I had to eat small bites with my front teeth.

Oh and I can feel that my right side is swelling a bit. I guess it's because it was still inside my gums as opposed to my left one which had already grown out.

Oh and I didn't bother reading what pain killers I'm taking but it said take one every four hours as necessary. I took one in the morning at around 7:00 AM and took one just a few minutes ago.

I feel better. Big Grin

EDIT: Oh and I agree. Scrubs ftw!

When mine were taken out, the skin on the outside of both sides of my jaw turned crazy yellow for about a week. Turns out there had been some minor "bruising" during the procedure and it took a day or two to appear. So I looked like I really missed the mark when applying my bruge[sp? Brooge? Bruj?].

Yeah I heard about bruising occurring too. At least you're passed that part of your life. The swelling became a bit more noticeable as the day passed. My jaw looked different because of this. lol

Anyway thanks for the support guys.

Well, I've had a right old day today! Frowner

I drove into Eastbourne to get my car repaired which cost ~ £120 then I was told I need a new Air-Conditioning Radiator, cost ~ £600, I broke a tooth on a free Treacle Toffee and took this video on the Sea-Front. Cool

To cheer myself up, I popped into "Cooper's Magic Shop" to get some little jokes to play with my two little Grandsons this weekend. Smiler

I had to laugh when I watched this Tommy Cooper Video & his experiences with Dentists! Big Grin