Sign in to follow this  
Henry Gale

Greetings and bienvenue!

It's funny, whenever I tell someone that I'm majoring in English, the response is always, invariably, "Oh, so you wanna be a teacher?" If I ever did have any desire to become an educator, it's certainly been stomped out of me by now. I'm not entirely sure of what it is I do want to do with my major, exactly...I'm working on a creative project with 2-3 friends that will hopefully emerge as a popular piece of fiction (so likely, I know), so you could classify me as an aspiring writer, I suppose...

I wish you luck in whichever choice you eventually make, though I'd never be able to take on a roomful of children as an English teacher...particularly not in the day and age of texting lingo overriding actual spoken language. *Cringe*

If you do choose writer, I'm sure you'll discover that Regina's music is tremendously inspiring! She's officially my muse.

quote:
Originally posted by Henry Gale:

If I ever did have any desire to become an educator, it's certainly been stomped out of me by now.

I don't blame you! Big Grin

quote:
I wish you luck in whichever choice you eventually make, though I'd never be able to take on a roomful of children as an English teacher...particularly not in the day and age of texting lingo overriding actual spoken language. *Cringe*

If you do choose writer, I'm sure you'll discover that Regina's music is tremendously inspiring! She's officially my muse.

Thanks a lot! And yes, Regina is a huge inpsiration to me already. Smiler

Good luck to you too!

Welcome Henry Gale! Parlez-vous français? Or perhaps "bienvenue" was just you reaching out to people of all languages and not a reflection of those you actually speak? Regardless, it’s a pleasure to have you here in our *cough*cult*cough* ...er, community. Razzer Baby jesus was right in saying that the people here are kind and polite. You’ll fit right in.

I love that your use of the English language is so eloquent. It’s beautiful, and makes for delightful reading! Texting lingo makes me cringe, too. However, I don’t have quite the vocabulary that you do (nor the knowledge of grammar, I’m guessing). Perhaps one day some of us Stixers will be reading your collaborative piece of fiction... who knows?

Until then, we'll just be reading your lovely posts. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Christy-Ann:

Welcome Henry Gale! Parlez-vous français? Or perhaps "bienvenue" was just you reaching out to people of all languages and not a reflection of those you actually speak?

I did actually take four years of French in high school, but my fluency in the language is not at all on par with where someone who studied it for four years should be. I do, however, use it sparingly in the small doses that I know I am absolutely correct in applying it, occasionally.

E-eloquent!? No one's ever called me eloquent before...Baby Jesus REALLY wasn't kidding. You are much too flattering, so much so that I was able to discern your true origins as a malevolent artificial intelligence designed to infiltrate and assimilate those foolish enough to fall for your elegant praises, so as to increase your own vocabulary and grammatical knowledge databank! Well, I'll have you know your information-leeching scheme is working perfectly. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

Welcome to the stix!

I very much enjoyed reading your first post, I already love the way you use language. Smiler

I really don't deserve all of this wonderful linguistic praise! Although I have less incentive to shut my trap than ever...and here I was worrying about posting too frequently!

quote:
Originally posted by Henry Gale:

quote:
Originally posted by Christy-Ann:

Welcome Henry Gale! Parlez-vous français? Or perhaps "bienvenue" was just you reaching out to people of all languages and not a reflection of those you actually speak?

I did actually take four years of French in high school, but my fluency in the language is not at all on par with where someone who studied it for four years should be. I do, however, use it sparingly in the small doses that I know I am absolutely correct in applying it, occasionally.

E-eloquent!? No one's ever called me eloquent before...Baby Jesus REALLY wasn't kidding. You are much too flattering, so much so that I was able to discern your true origins as a malevolent artificial intelligence designed to infiltrate and assimilate those foolish enough to fall for your elegant praises, so as to increase your own vocabulary and grammatical knowledge databank! Well, I'll have you know your information-leeching scheme is working perfectly. Smiler

OH SHUCKS, you caught us. :P

Francais quatre! Tres Bien. Je suis un etudiant de francais deux. Je ne pas tres bien, mais je suis bien.

FRENCH POST!!!!!!! J'adore le francais.

*Mumbles*The scheme is working put the plan into full action.* RazzerBig Grin