Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Peter Gabriel Covers Après Moi

Wow. This is awesome. A major artist covering reg (among others). Boy have things changed....

quote:
Peter Gabriel Covers Radiohead and Elbow

On new orchestral album

Peter Gabriel has covered classic tracks by Radiohead and Elbow and they will be available on an album of orchestral cover versions called 'Scratch My Back' which will be released in spring 2010.

Gabriel's first release for almost seven years includes orchestral rendidtions of Radiohead’'s 'Street Spirit', Elbow's 'Mirrorball' and Arcade Fire's 'My Body Is a Cage' as well as covers of other classics such as 'Heroes' (David Bowie), 'Waterloo Sunset' (The Kinks) and 'Philadelphia' (Neil Young).

'The Book of Love' (Magnetic Fields), 'Flume' (Bon Iver), 'Listening Wind' (Talking Heads), 'I Think It's Going to Rain Today' (Randy Newman), 'Après Moi' (Regina Spektor), 'The Boy in the Bubble' (Paul Simon) and 'The Power of the Heart' (Lou Reed) complete the track listing.

Source: http://www.albumvote.co.uk/new...d-and-elbow-616.aspx

Wow. This is awesome. A major artist covering reg (among others). Boy have things changed....

quote:
Peter Gabriel Covers Radiohead and Elbow

On new orchestral album

Peter Gabriel has covered classic tracks by Radiohead and Elbow and they will be available on an album of orchestral cover versions called 'Scratch My Back' which will be released in spring 2010.

Gabriel's first release for almost seven years includes orchestral rendidtions of Radiohead’'s 'Street Spirit', Elbow's 'Mirrorball' and Arcade Fire's 'My Body Is a Cage' as well as covers of other classics such as 'Heroes' (David Bowie), 'Waterloo Sunset' (The Kinks) and 'Philadelphia' (Neil Young).

'The Book of Love' (Magnetic Fields), 'Flume' (Bon Iver), 'Listening Wind' (Talking Heads), 'I Think It's Going to Rain Today' (Randy Newman), 'Après Moi' (Regina Spektor), 'The Boy in the Bubble' (Paul Simon) and 'The Power of the Heart' (Lou Reed) complete the track listing.

Source: http://www.albumvote.co.uk/new...d-and-elbow-616.aspx

Peter Gabriell has famously been involved with creative lovely singer/songwriters in the past, such as shown on this video;

Quite a time ago I saw Kate Bush live, she was superb, then later saw Peter Gabriel live at a huge venue and was not so impressed as he was pretty well established by then and pretty full of himself! Eeker

As has been said he hasn't made an album for seven years, so he can't have needed the money and if this release is for artistic motives and not a money earner then I will give it a listen but won't be holding my breath with excitement. Wink

In the meantime, I look forward to seeing young "up and coming" singer/songwriters like DAR WILLIAMS tomorrow and a lass named Regina on 3rd December! Roll Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqdwqsvfXyU