Sign in to follow this  
Dynamo_girl

Christmas!!

As a professional Grinch, I quite enjoy Ben Folds's "Lonely Christmas Eve." It's one of my favorite Christmas songs, in fact. It's also the only Christmas song I'm willing to listen to before December 1st--the radio stations started playing Christmas tunes exclusively as soon as Halloween was over and I find this utterly baffling. It's a gauntlet of three enjoyable holidays, people! Pace yourselves!

I've also discovered that being stuck at college away from everyone you know and love is somewhat of a holiday cheer dampener. As much as I enjoy panicking about final exams, it can't quite hold a candle to putting the tree up with my family.

I will see them, once my finals are done on the 16th. I'm just a little annoyed at the fact that an entire half of the month has been taken from me, as far as festivities and Christmas spirit go. The holidays do make the enforced separation a bit harder to deal with.

This is indeed my first year at college, and I'm sure I'll adjust rapidly. It truly does cheer me up to know that I have such wonderful friends here!

quote:
Originally posted by Henry Gale:

I'll steal the-...bring the presents. Big Grin

I predict that once Henry STEALS Brings the presents. We will all sing Regina's songs in unity and his heart will grow three sizes and he will come down and cut the Brumstix Roast beast! Big Grin

what?? your finals are done on the 16tth? mine were done tonight, and my last paper is due before friday morning, which means i'm writing it and leaving tomorrow. I'm sorry you're having to stay so long... i've never heard of finals lasting so long. Oh well, at least you'll see them! a friend of mine lives in Cali, and she can't get home this year. FrownerFrowner

CHRISTMAS PARTY SOUNDS BEAST!

i'll be there.. i'll hang the mistletoe! Wink

draft_lens1609396module12828760photo_1228057227Mistletoe_Kiss_TommyToast.jpg

You're quite fortunate to have been able to escape so soon! I wish the same could be said for your friend in California, who deserves much better than this.

And I'll have to steal that mistletoe, too! And the mouse! Especially the mouse...