Sign in to follow this  
Dynamo_girl

Christmas!!

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Yes, my friends, it's that time of year again, Tchaikovsky and the Nutcracker...NYC Ballet...if you're near it, check it out. reg would...

i very nearly bought tickets on your reccomendation...but as i clicked on it, the day i wanted sold out...so lame....

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Yes, my friends, it's that time of year again, Tchaikovsky and the Nutcracker...NYC Ballet...if you're near it, check it out. reg would...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbgLgGU80oI

I SO wish I could see NYCB's Nutcracker. We have Carolina Ballet and they do a beautiful version. I've done ballet since I was 3, it is my true love...

I have been in The Nutcracker countless times with Raleigh's City Ballet but I also got to do company roles with Carolina Ballet when I was 13, which was quite the experience.

EDIT: I miss it. I wish I could have been a professional.... I hate the dance program at my school. We don't ever dance dance. Performing really makes me the happiest though.

7417_143484163714_508198714_2827227_5607167_n.jpg

So tonight at my restaurant [where I work, etcetera] my friend/coworker bid farewell to a table by saying "Thankyou so much, Happy Holidays", since, obviously, why would you say "Merry Xmas" to the average person coming in when the chance of them celebrating Xmas is as likely as it is slim?

So essentially, it was a $100+ bill, and on the credit card slip where they leave a tip, they stiffed her out of a tip [that means NO tip, kids] and drew an arrow to the bottom where they wrote: "Keep the Christ in Christmas"

To quote Dr. Cox: ah-aaaaaayyyyy holes!

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

So tonight at my restaurant [where I work, etcetera] my friend/coworker bid farewell to a table by saying "Thankyou so much, Happy Holidays", since, obviously, why would you say "Merry Xmas" to the average person coming in when the chance of them celebrating Xmas is as likely as it is slim?

Actually 96% of Americans celebrate Christmas. But yea that was an asshole move not giving a tip.

It snowed here today! Not enough to see but we are getting more tonight. Over in Greensboro though they are getting a foot! Lucky.

quote:

Actually 96% of Americans celebrate Christmas. But yea that was an asshole move not giving a tip.

It snowed here today! Not enough to see but we are getting more tonight. Over in Greensboro though they are getting a foot! Lucky.

Jesus X! Wink

That much snow?! Big Grin

quote:

So essentially, it was a $100+ bill, and on the credit card slip where they leave a tip, they stiffed her out of a tip [that means NO tip, kids] and drew an arrow to the bottom where they wrote: "Keep the Christ in Christmas"

Not leaving a tip is definitely not keeping Christ in anything. That was not the best way to make their point. And in a public setting, "Happy Holidays" is just the safest way to go, so the customer should have been understanding.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

quote:

So the 4% that don't aren't of importance?