Sign in to follow this  
Lilly

8th Floor

I can't believe there was no discussion for this one! I LOVE it! And I'm not just saying it, I really love this song. Every word, and the russian ones even more (the russian bit gives me chills everytime). My obsession started the very first time I heard it and I couldn't stop! I never get tired of it.

What do you guys think about it? Also, does anyone speak russian? It would be cool to know what she's saying there Smiler

I can't believe there was no discussion for this one! I LOVE it! And I'm not just saying it, I really love this song. Every word, and the russian ones even more (the russian bit gives me chills everytime). My obsession started the very first time I heard it and I couldn't stop! I never get tired of it.

What do you guys think about it? Also, does anyone speak russian? It would be cool to know what she's saying there Smiler

Here's the translation:

The eighth floor

The eighth floor

Everything's high

Everything is above me

Somebody is coming home

Pocket is empty

You could go begging

It's three rubles for vodka and a loaf of white bread

But now, for certain, everything's more expensive

And the old paths are forgotten

Above them we set sail

The first floor

I'm really small

Everything's high

Everything is above me

The eighth floor

America

I am high

Everything is below me

I am high...

I love this song alot too, especially becoz of russian lyrics in it. Smiler

I think Regina sings about her being little, when she just arrived to the US and how it all seemed to her and what impressions it left in her memory.

She recollects the time when she was little and all in the USSR seemed so high to her and was above her, but the US became the country where she actually grew up, so everything got below her and all things seemed different to Reg by then.