Sign in to follow this  
nannerhead

pardon me, buuuut...

Why is it once a musician gets any sort of a fanbase going, everyone wants to know all these extremely personal details? Is it anything more than that's just how this culture operates in regards to famous people? I ask merely out of curiousity, as I have never had the desire to ask anyone, or attempt to obtain said information. I should also note that I am a huge fan of Regina's music, and 'how big a fan I am' is not what's being discussed here. A love of music and the need to know personal details are two very different issues.

Why is it once a musician gets any sort of a fanbase going, everyone wants to know all these extremely personal details? Is it anything more than that's just how this culture operates in regards to famous people? I ask merely out of curiousity, as I have never had the desire to ask anyone, or attempt to obtain said information. I should also note that I am a huge fan of Regina's music, and 'how big a fan I am' is not what's being discussed here. A love of music and the need to know personal details are two very different issues.

I agree; there's definitely a general need to connect, and I think that's a universal concept. When you listen to someone's music that really touches you, that makes you feel like they must have written that song with YOU in mind, then you want to feel closer to that artist. You want there to be an exchange beyond that musical level. Of course this is pretty impossible, for obvious reasons, but it doesn't stop people from feeling that way.

i agree with what you guys are saying, i dont know whether it's a good idea for people wishing to connect with the bands/singers that they like the music of, many bands wish to keep their private lives private and find it hard for them to do so. it CAN hurt fans when they cant become friends with those people, because ultimately its unhealthy for them to do so. im friends with a couple of my favourite bands, but only due to living in the same city and seeing them all the time reasons.

I asked THE question because I am deeply interested in astrology and as Regina in one of her songs sang words like "If I was Taurus..." it just got me because I am Taurus myself and wanted to know if she is Taurus. And If that is so I am interested to look at her astro chart to find similarities mayby with myself. I'm interested in myself and you sometimes can find information through other people.

Hello! I know where you're coming from, nannerhead. Unhealthy smash-hits style fixation on an artist's favourite day/sitcom/mr. kipling cake is absurd and slightly unsettling, buuuut: