Sign in to follow this  
spangler

The Piano is not firewood yet.

quote:
Originally posted by LittleVoice:

I have mixed feelings about the "New" song, as our Regina did not seem to be on TOP FORM that performance, with a few bum notes, she was also hidden behind the Piano and the video was cut short due to a GUARD! Eeker

I think the "bad" playing on the piano solo parts are intentional... Aren't they? I always assumed it was supposed to be like a small child playing that part.

Ok, is the solo riddled with mistakes, am i missing something, or what?? i feel very much like i'm missing something..

Wild Child, that's an interresting thought, that she's trying to play like a little kid--it fits with the lyrics. And she doesn't appear to have messed up, though the audience lauged at the "mistakes"... i feel confused Confused

^^ At my Dallas concert back in November she hit a wrong key during the intro to Dance Anthem and people laughed.....jackasses. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

Ok, is the solo riddled with mistakes, am i missing something, or what?? i feel very much like i'm missing something..

Wild Child, that's an interresting thought, that she's trying to play like a little kid--it fits with the lyrics. And she doesn't appear to have messed up, though the audience lauged at the "mistakes"... i feel confused Confused

I assume it's intentional... I mean, we obviously know Regina can play in time. :P

Remember the very first time she did this song? I can't remember what concert, but she had those same kind of weird flatty notes during the solo. Not a LOT off-key, but a little. Of course anyone live hits a bum note once in awhile, including Regina, but something tells me that this time these one's are on purpose.

My take on it is that while 'the piano is not firewood yet',(not quite YET) it is getting a little out of tune. It's getting close to garbage-worthy but just playable enough to still keep around and plink a few more tunes on, but it is getting old, as you can tell.

If that doesn't sound like our clever little Regina I don't know what does. Creative out-of-tuneness. Smiler Intentionally off-key. Flat notes with deep meaning. Just an interpretation but it sure sounds like our girl to me. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

My take on it is that while 'the piano is not firewood yet',(not quite YET) it is getting a little out of tune. It's getting close to garbage-worthy but just playable enough to still keep around and plink a few more tunes on, but it is getting old, as you can tell.

If that doesn't sound like our clever little Regina I don't know what does.

I agree. Smiler The first time I heard this song, I thought she was just messing up because it was her first time performing it at a concert and she wasn't used to it, but I didn't take the point of the song into consideration. Now it makes sense.