Sign in to follow this  
mrimarokr

What Reg songs can you play?

How cool, some of you really can play quite a few Regina songs (by heart?).

I only know about half the BTH songs and didn't play them in a long time (all on guitar).

Used to play Fidelity, On the Radio, Lady and Summer in the City a lot, and the Riff of That Time (it's one of the funnest guitar riffs she wrote IMO).

I just kinda learned Edit (including the supremely awesome solo that I've really only recently realized how amazing it is!). I'm not sure if I've got everything right since I'm doing it by ear, but I'm surprised at the progress I've made considering I don't really play piano!

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

I just kinda learned Edit (including the supremely awesome solo that I've really only recently realized how amazing it is!). I'm not sure if I've got everything right since I'm doing it by ear, but I'm surprised at the progress I've made considering I don't really play piano!

You should watch the video of Regina playing Edit in 2004 because you can see her hands play the glissandos and it would probably be really helpful. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

I just kinda learned Edit (including the supremely awesome solo that I've really only recently realized how amazing it is!).

Cool! Smiler That solo seriously is awesome, the main reason I like the song. Smiler

I don't play piano or guitar. But I can play "That Time" on guitar (impressive, right?). What I do play is cello, and Us has one of the most beautiful contemporary harmony lines I've come across (a close second to the line in Jenny Owen Young's "F*** was I"). I wish I could coordinate both hands to play piano. I've tried and it has been less than successful.