Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsHowItWorks

Marry Ann

This one's pretty straightforward, but I adore it.

Mary Ann as a character fascinates me. I love the way she's presented as the double-edged sword of perfection: One can achieve total control of one's environment, (evidently amounting in part to culinary excellence, a perfectly organized pantry, and sexual dominance) but what's the cost? Complete insanity. Who knew that total composure and bloodthirst went hand in hand? Razzer

Hmm why is it called Marry Ann though? A typo, or a hidden message?

This one's pretty straightforward, but I adore it.

Mary Ann as a character fascinates me. I love the way she's presented as the double-edged sword of perfection: One can achieve total control of one's environment, (evidently amounting in part to culinary excellence, a perfectly organized pantry, and sexual dominance) but what's the cost? Complete insanity. Who knew that total composure and bloodthirst went hand in hand? Razzer

Hmm why is it called Marry Ann though? A typo, or a hidden message?

I saw something on songmeanings.net that I thought was really interesting.

You know that short story by Roald Dahl? The one about the woman who kills her husband with a lamb shank and then bakes the lamb and serves it to the police officers who are trying to figure out who did it? I forget what it is called, but I read it ages ago, it's a really sinister, really great little story.

I feel like this has too many parallels to be completely unrelated to that. Marry Ann is one of my all time favorite Regina songs. I do not think the lyrics could be any more perfect.

edit: Here is the story, it is called 'Lamb to the Slaughter.'