Sign in to follow this  
Poppy

Weird iTunes Glitch?

First I should probably say that I'm sorry this is only my second post and that I really hope I chose the right place to put this. >.<

I was hoping that someone here might know what is going on or how to fix this...I guess in the long run it doesn't really matter, but it's kind of annoying.

Anyway, I just had to get a new computer and needed to download all of my live/demo Regina songs again since I could only get purchased songs off of my iPod...I just downloaded the last song that I needed, The Virgin Queen. I set it for the songs to be sorted by artist name, and I'm positive that all of my Regina songs have it all the exact same way...but for some reason The Virgin Queen has randomly decided that it wants to put two entirely unrelated songs before itself. I can't just move it, because...well, it just doesn't let me. x] But does anyone know why this is happening or how I could fix it? Confused

Again, I'm reeeaaally sorry about this...I probably should have posted something that made a little more sense first, heh...

First I should probably say that I'm sorry this is only my second post and that I really hope I chose the right place to put this. >.<

I was hoping that someone here might know what is going on or how to fix this...I guess in the long run it doesn't really matter, but it's kind of annoying.

Anyway, I just had to get a new computer and needed to download all of my live/demo Regina songs again since I could only get purchased songs off of my iPod...I just downloaded the last song that I needed, The Virgin Queen. I set it for the songs to be sorted by artist name, and I'm positive that all of my Regina songs have it all the exact same way...but for some reason The Virgin Queen has randomly decided that it wants to put two entirely unrelated songs before itself. I can't just move it, because...well, it just doesn't let me. x] But does anyone know why this is happening or how I could fix it? Confused

Again, I'm reeeaaally sorry about this...I probably should have posted something that made a little more sense first, heh...

First off, welcome to the stix! Smiler Yup, you chose the right place for ths thread.

As a matter of fact, my itunes did the EXACT same thing, the virgin queen (despite having the correct artist and what not) is not with the other regina songs. It randomly put itself below the rise against songs I have. I wish I could help, my itunes has the same glitch.

Thanks. Smiler I was worried about putting it in the wrong place, lol.

That's strange...I wonder if it isn't just something with the file...I guess there isn't a lot of other things that it could be. Maybe I'll just look at it a little better this afternoon...

Yeah, I checked everything, I even copied the artist and album artist name from another Regina song with no luck.

I also noticed that "Regina Spektor" is listed twice on my iPod on the artists list, but between the two are the same two artists between The Virgin Queen and the other Regina songs in iTunes...so I kind of just assumed it's related.

Soooo, I'll just look at it later and see if there isn't something listed somewhere else by some chance that is getting it placed differently.

EDIT:

I figured it out...it's in sorting.

28v1hz.png

2yudcvn.png

I removed everything with "sort" before it...and sure enough, it went up with the other songs. Smiler