Sign in to follow this  
sweetness in my lungs

Tonic 14 feb. 2004

I just watched it all (all 17). That was so much fun. I sure bet she didn't realize back then what things would be like for her now.

What was it was like for her in early 2004? She was still posting on here. I know 11:11 & Songs were already out there, but wasn't this the year for Soviet Kitsch? And I think she was just starting to maybe have a couple shows in Europe. I'm just trying to think of how fast things grew since this little Tonic concert. It would have been fun to have a time machine and show her the future. I don't think she would've believed it.

the description on the videos say:

Performed at Tonic in New York, NY. Recording provided by Henry L.

many thanks to whoever that is! it's fucking awesome Big Grin

if we could only get the full recording in some site sharing host (megaupload, etc), that would be beyond incredible! if not, guess I'm gonna have to use some youtube downloader Smiler

Yes, guilty as charged...I was going to post something here, but when I saw that the old Tonic thread (mislabeled all this time by yours truly as 10/17/04) had been bumped, I assumed you guys were on top of it. In any case, all praise should be directed at Henry (who used to post here as The Modern Age EP -- my primary contribution was allowing the tapes to gather dust for a few years. But I was thrilled to finally watch and relive these three shows, and I'm really glad that everyone seems to be enjoying them so much.

Wink

Smiler

If you ask me, it's the best of the bunch. I think you're going to love it. AND you're going to be bitterly disappointed. But hopefully more of the former.

srg, you are truly a legend! This is a great day to be a Regina fan.

My computer speakers chose just this moment to start playing up, and I thought there was a major fault in the video, and STILL 'Making Records' was one of the more beautiful things I've seen this year.