Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SugarDrive

Baking (and cooking?)

137 posts in this topic

So as some of you, who are my pals on Facebook, might know...I love baking. love love love love love it. well, i like to take pictures, or enlist my husband to, of my creations. not only that, but i love to see what other people make. not just baked goods either. show me your creations! i'll start with some of mine:

mini (and i do mean mini..these guys were about 1" high) cupcakes

4022065455_fae1c2257d_b.jpg

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:

4079880942_62250a05e3_o.jpg

these were delicious. roasted banana cupcakes with salted caramel frosting:

4237913755_00e44c0be3_o.jpg

me playing around with new Lensbaby lens. also..how cute is our china? i love it...just wished we used it more.

4237912653_6eb2b11769_o.jpg

last weekend's creation: peanut butter, chocolate chip, banana bread (sprinkled with flax seeds)

4264076263_6a546a766c_b.jpg

lola thought it smelled tasty:

4264839102_77bf77fd19_b.jpg

now your turn. Smiler

So as some of you, who are my pals on Facebook, might know...I love baking. love love love love love it. well, i like to take pictures, or enlist my husband to, of my creations. not only that, but i love to see what other people make. not just baked goods either. show me your creations! i'll start with some of mine:

mini (and i do mean mini..these guys were about 1" high) cupcakes

4022065455_fae1c2257d_b.jpg

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:

4079880942_62250a05e3_o.jpg

these were delicious. roasted banana cupcakes with salted caramel frosting:

4237913755_00e44c0be3_o.jpg

me playing around with new Lensbaby lens. also..how cute is our china? i love it...just wished we used it more.

4237912653_6eb2b11769_o.jpg

last weekend's creation: peanut butter, chocolate chip, banana bread (sprinkled with flax seeds)

4264076263_6a546a766c_b.jpg

lola thought it smelled tasty:

4264839102_77bf77fd19_b.jpg

now your turn. Smiler

wow, it all looks so delicious and the photos are just like from a cookbook!

I prefer salty (is it the right antonym to sweet?) to sweet so I don't bake much but this apple tarte tatin made me really proud:

From the oven...

4281356189_45b25c0168.jpg

...to the plate

4282099526_63b81a36fa.jpg

oh that looks delicious! i love carmelized apples. oh yum.

so you prefer cooking to baking! That's cool! I'd love to see pictures of your creations. Smiler i started as a cooker, but now baking is my love. although once in a while i get the "nesting" bug and go on a cooking rampage.

jodi welcome back! and awesome thread.

well i love baking and cooking as well could never pick a favourite though. all your pictures are awesome and look so yummy as does yours appt. i love me some tarte au pomme.

i don't really what to say about cooking apart from that i love it! here's some pictures from our family's last new years party as i didn't get around to uploading this years, our whole family goes all out on the cooking Razzer4282342328_ede250bf69_m.jpg4281597839_727fee835b_m.jpg

omg....a pile of pastries covered in chocolate?!?! i've gone to heaven.

what are those little things? fruit tarts of sorts?? looks like i'll be coming to your new years celebration next year. Smiler

they are little "baba au rums". they're like little sponge cakes soaked in rum syrup with creme patisserie filling with a slice of fruit to decorate them. Smiler sorry for the tiny pictures!

awwww thank you! all food lovers welcome Wink

Well, I better start taking photographs of my food then Wink

I'm really suffering in my dorm now - one small pot, pan and a colander is everything I have here but the worst thing is that there's no fridge here... How can you cook for one when your every ingredient goes bad after a day Mad

Your pictures are gorgeous. Hmm food as art...

Maybe some of you expert bakers could help me out. (Haha this is me using your discussion for my own selfish purposes.) See, there's a tradition at my school for the AP Math students where they meet once a week to do review work together, and take turns bringing a homemade dessert. The rule is that each dessert has to be slightly more complicated than the first. My turn is next week, and the most recent dessert was an apple pie baked from scratch. Any suggestions for what I should make?

you can make a lemon meringue pie. Smiler meringue looks stunning when done correctly, and it is fairly difficult.

or what about tiramisu? you'd have to make it sans alcohol, but it would still be yummy. i quite enjoy creme brulee, but if you don't carmelize the sugar and eat shortly thereafter, it doesn't have the same crunch (think Amelie here). How many students are in your class that you would be cooking for?

Another idea...S'mores cupcakes. they are fairly labor intensive, but certainly delicious.

Appt: I'd go out of my mind. :\