Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Baking (and cooking?)

I love baking & my favourite TV Chef is the lovely Rachel Allen, who I met last year at her latest book signing. Smiler

Today is Shrove Tuesday & Pancakes should have been the order of the day. Wink

However, I have to be different, so for The Five Ash Down "Pop-In" this morning I made Chocolate Muffins, which went down a treat with Kids & Adults alike, so I just had to pose in the Chef's Hat I was given last Christmas. Big Grin

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00128-1.jpg

Ok, so I don't know if this technically qualifies as cooking, and it definitely doesn't qualify as baking, but I wanted to post in this thread.

To that end, I made some chocolate covered pretzels. I may also eat them, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, as I don't have any proper cookware, I approached this with scientific instruments:

1.jpg

I used only the finest ingredients that I could find at the nearest Kwik-E-Mart.

2.jpg

I added carefully measured portions of each chocolate to the glass bowl perched precariously resting safely on top of the metal pot.

3.jpg

I continued allowing the water to heat until I chickened out and turned it down.

4.jpg

Then a little dentist birdy told me I should probably leave the heat on, and soon after I had a nice bowl of liquid chocolate:

5.jpg

At this point I ate the liquid chocolate and restarted at step 1. I'll spare you the pictures of the second time through and jump right to the first round of pretzels with chocolate on them:

6.jpg

Then I started melting the white chocolate for shits and grins use as a decorative glaze.

7.jpg

While that was melting down I covered another sheet of pretzels in chocolate:

8.jpg

By the time I was done with that, the white chocolate had started burning reached the optimum temperature for application to the pretzels.

9.jpg

And when all was done, I ended up with chocolate everywhere this highly professional-looking bunch of chocolate pretzels:

11.jpg

I'm not sure how they taste, but I'm guessing tolerable fucking delicious.

Dawn is just breaking over here in deepest Sussex and I have a huge smile on my face after looking at the "Fucking Exploits", sorry "Cooking Exploits" of our good friend, with his Pretzels! Big Grin

I started off my career in a Scientific Laboratory, so I appreciate his precision. Wink

Not many people know this, but I actually invented the very first COLD AIR BALLOON Cool

There was a slight problem though, my invention never took off! Razzer

That hugely amusing eshbach post about Chocolate Coated Pretzels reminded me of a period where my Cooking Exploits got me into real trouble! Confused

I developed an obsession for those Spam Thingies and spent hours & hours every day frying them! Eeker

It got so serious that my wife left me & she told her Solicitor that I was just frittering my life away! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by LittleVoice:

That hugely amusing eshbach post about Chocolate Coated Pretzels reminded me of a period where my Cooking Exploits got me into real trouble! Confused

I developed an obsession for those Spam Thingies and spent hours & hours every day frying them! Eeker

It got so serious that my wife left me & she told her Solicitor that I was just frittering my life away! Wink

I hear the Spam you have in England is considerably different than the Spam we have in the US. It's highly unlikely than anyone would develop an obsession with the US version of Spam, which makes me curious as to why they don't sell the English version here.