Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Baking (and cooking?)

My reference to Spam Fritters, earlier, was a JOKE, as I would not knowingly eat a highly comminuted Pork Product, because from vast experience in the Food Industry they contain all the off-cuts you would not normally eat! Eeker

By off-cuts I mean SNOUTS, EARS, TESTES, TAILS, almost anything that can be highly comminuted to lose its identity. Frowner

So SPAM is off my menu. Wink

In the real world, where I am not joking, I attended a local Village Pop-In this very morning, where I am known as the MUFFIN MAN Smiler

However, this morning I became a bit of a TART. Big Grin

Using Jam that I made last Autumn, with bletted Medlars, Apple & locally hand-picked Blackberries, with the most scrumptious shortcrust pastry that I ever made, the result was the most delicious Jam Tarts ever tasted. Roll Eyes

DSC00176.jpg

My Jam Tarts were so scrumptious that two Local Police Ladies, Kayley & Katie, scoffed them down too! Cool

DSC00183.jpg

Today, I had a cookie baking adventure! My two friends and I attempted to bake cookies from scratch... somewhat failed as you will see in below pictures, but we tried! And they were delicious! So without further ado...

Picture169-2.png

The awkward mega cookie. Roll Eyes

Picture168.png

We had some breakage. But we tried!

Not quite as pretty as Jodi's creations, ha!

Today was a great baking day for me too! This is what i baked in the university:

x_5eba7cf9.jpg

Looks freaky, ha? Smiler

x_adb9361e.jpg

Then we put it into the oven.

x_939ea138.jpg

This is what i got!

x_22d007d3.jpg

and more with some powdered sugar on! Smiler

p.s. haha never thought i'd post pictures like these ones (and especially here Big Grin), but i felt i should share them! Smiler

I made hamentaschen!

A whole bunch since I had TWO projects on Jewishness to present yesterday and wanted to include them in both presentations (one for English class about the Yiddish language, one for sociology on Jewish culture)and since today's Purim it was very appropriate and my family wanted some too.

Instead, I ended up with a snow day yesterday and lots and lots of Hamentaschen to myself!

I will have to make more for Monday when I do my presentations I guess.

Most of them turned out well, though some didn't hold their shape and the filling spilled out. (used up the chocolate chips and filled the rest with either peach pie filling or strawberry jam. I wanted to make apricot, but only had enough jam left for one!)

I have no camera, but the look something like this:

http://www.jewishmag.com/121ma...mantaschen/title.jpg

only mine aren't so professional looking. Ah well, now that I know all the tricks my batch for school will be much prettier. =]

quote:
Originally posted by the monster in your closet:

I made hamentaschen!

A whole bunch since I had TWO projects on Jewishness to present yesterday and wanted to include them in both presentations (one for English class about the Yiddish language, one for sociology on Jewish culture)and since today's Purim it was very appropriate and my family wanted some too.

Instead, I ended up with a snow day yesterday and lots and lots of Hamentaschen to myself!

I will have to make more for Monday when I do my presentations I guess.

Most of them turned out well, though some didn't hold their shape and the filling spilled out. (used up the chocolate chips and filled the rest with either peach pie filling or strawberry jam. I wanted to make apricot, but only had enough jam left for one!)

I have no camera, but the look something like this:

http://www.jewishmag.com/121ma...mantaschen/title.jpg

only mine aren't so professional looking. Ah well, now that I know all the tricks my batch for school will be much prettier. =]

I've made hamantaschen before! Somehow the jelly always manages to all goop out and then we have burning hot jelly all over the oven... But it's still fun!

Happy Purim! Purim is my favorite holiday ever, due mostly to the fact that my synagogue's Purim carnival is basically the greatest thing ever.

quote:
Originally posted by Ксения:

Today was a great baking day for me too! This is what i baked in the university:

x_5eba7cf9.jpg

Looks freaky, ha? Smiler

x_adb9361e.jpg

Then we put it into the oven.

x_939ea138.jpg

This is what i got!

x_22d007d3.jpg

and more with some powdered sugar on! Smiler

p.s. haha never thought i'd post pictures like these ones (and especially here Big Grin), but i felt i should share them! Smiler

was that yogurt? that looks really yummy. kind of reminds me of greek pastries.