Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Baking (and cooking?)

So I took a whole wack of (really nice] pictures of my hamentaschen, but I have no card reader at the moment so I can't show them off! Frowner

So, what sort of cake should I bake for my mother's birthday on Thursday, I want to make something a bit different, but nothing too fruity, I'm not worried about her, but I can be kinda picky.

EDIT -

I found me a card reader!

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

=]

I just had 3 weeks break from school and went home to work and be with my family. Coincidnetally, both my dad and sister's birthday fell during that time. Needless to say, being the baker in the family, much was requested of me.

First up was a roasted banana cake with salted caramel frosting for my dad's b-day. My family had talked of no other dessert since the first time I made it, so I made it again. It was better than my first!

4657416429_4e20de59f3.jpg

4657419921_274e2a93eb.jpg

My sister makes the same request every year- no cake, it's always fruit pizza. In fact, I made the entire meal that day.

4658043764_74c653b51f.jpg

^my first ever Mexicali Meat Pie. So proud of it!

4658046430_0db8003273.jpg

A friend of my parents' asked if I could make some cupcakes or something for an HIV AIDS walkathon and fund-raiser thing. So I called up my friend and baking buddy Sara and we made a whole bunch of these

SAM_0183.jpg

A while ago my parents also asked me to make some desert type things for their book club meeting which was at our house. I made cute little apple tarts, like mini apple pies! They were tasty.

SAM_0150.jpg

Geez you all are so talented. I never cook or bake but my dad is always talking about this pie he had when he was young "rhubarb pie". And he's been working so hard lately that I decided to make it for him! I bought the stuff so i hope this turns out ok....

here it goes!

^wellll how'd it turn out?! You've made me really hungry for rhubarb wondering.

meanwhile....

5124610835_8dc0c77c78_z.jpg

Pumpkin cupcakes! Half w/ pumpkin buttercream half with whipped cinnamon ganache. (and those two in the back [not my work] were dark chocolate with mint cream). Ah how I love fall.