Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Baking (and cooking?)

Everything on here looks delicious! I really want to try your banana cupcakes though Jodi. Are you inclined to share the recipe?

I too adore baking. My specialty is the red velvet cake we have every Christmas Eve.

4285851573_9b33dc2c7e.jpg

2009- my dad always asks for a green layer so i humored him. =)

4286578354_9cbdd7cbcf.jpg

DG-

I'll share the recipe if i can find it. i always change something when i bake. so many times i forget to write it down. anyway. i'll begin the search!

that cake is pretty! i like the idea of red velvet, but i'm on the fence regarding the food coloring. it's not healthy. i know you can use beet powder in lieu of food coloring. haven't tried it. what type of frosting is that? i love the pecans on the top, too.

Thanks Jared and Jodi. =)

It's cream cheese icing, yum. And yes, I'm sure my insides are pure red afterwards. Receipe calls for 2 bottles of red food coloring. Unhealthy maybe, but it IS Christmas afterall... Don't do much food coloring in my baking except at Christmas.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Thanks Jared and Jodi. =)

It's cream cheese icing, yum. And yes, I'm sure my insides are pure red afterwards. Receipe calls for 2 bottles of red food coloring. Unhealthy maybe, but it IS Christmas afterall... Don't do much food coloring in my baking except at Christmas.

can't go wrong with cream cheese frosting. *licks lips*