Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Baking (and cooking?)

that sounds good! if you're interested in cupcakes, i have a s'more cupcake recipe that is delish.

what about tres leches cake?

or if you reaaaallllly want to impress..macarons. they are like the holy grail of baking. see below....

macaron1.jpg

very difficult to master...

oooooh.... I might try that when it's my turn again in April.

I'm locked into toffee cake for this one cuz that's what I have the ingredients for and I won't be able to go shopping again before Monday.

I'll let you know how it goes!

quote:
Originally posted by SugarDrive:

cupcakes are perfect then! OH WAIT.

OMG

IDEA.

GENIUS IDEA

THIS:

http://whisk-kid.blogspot.com/...ay-it-with-cake.html

a rainbow cake. multiple layers....gorgeous outcome. oh how i love rainbow layer cakes.

PS i love the Whisk Kid's blog..she's young and so talented. Smiler

MUST MAKE RAIBOW CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big GrinBig Grin YOu are an amazing bakeist/cookist Jodi.

yeah I said it!! Smiler

Oh and Jared it would be awesome of you to post that toffee cake recipe. yum.

I'm buying the stuff to make the rainbow cake, but I'm cutting it in half. cause I don't need a six layer. Three will be fine. It's gonna be good! Big Grin

Your husband would never run off with another baker!!!! You're all the baker he needs. Smiler

what colors are you going to do?! I think that using a lot of white frosting between the layers looks really sharp. i've seen people skimp on the white, and the layers just kind of smush together.

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

can i just say that i made, quite possibly, the most amazing swiss meringue buttercream that i have ever had the joy of eating. i can't take the credit for the recipe, but i will say this. Stop using measuring cups and start using a kitchen scale. your results will be, guaranteed, better.

coconut cake - 2 layers with this delightful smooth, creamy "tongue-does-happy-dance" frosting. Will post pictures at some point tonight.

Edit:

So I bought a book, Rose's Heavenly Cakes, and decided to make a coconut cake. JUst really wanted coconut. The cake is delicious, but the frosting. THE FROSTING. it's a swiss meringue buttercream....shit. i wish you could taste this.

kinda pissed..bought 2 coconuts and this one was rotten on the inside. Still looks pretty...except the rotten spot. lol.

4302559906_d4501d1c3f_b.jpg

4302559398_25584a3653_b.jpg

4302560666_4cc8703d41_b.jpg

Cupcakes? Way too much "cake to frosting" ratio.

Frosting be the best part of anything with "cake" in it's name.

Bestest cake in the world for fat swampbillies...peanut butter, preferably the Reeses Peanut Butter at Bob Evans when available (limited times only, similar to the meat like McRib!). The one at Perkins a strong second.

Wait... my belly has alerted me those are pies!

Sorry, belly... hard to hear you when you hang betwixt my thighs while sittin' at the computer!

I'm now in the process of completing my first ever baking experience! The cake's in the oven, so after its done and cooled I can put on the caramel icing. I'll try to post pictures, but I don't have a digital camera and I'm not sure if I can pictures off my phone onto my computer.