Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Baking (and cooking?)

Coffee cake:

4313559590_80153e5d3c.jpg

(cofee cake base and coffee flavoured mascarpone for filling and topping)

Sorry for the dirty plate but it looked so much better cut Wink

oh that looks good! It looks like the kind of thing that would smell amazing so I'd go crazy and take a huge piece and eat it really slowly so as to make to make it last and then I wouldn't be hungry again for like nine hours.

Haha and there would also be a big finger-streak in the topping and everyone would be like "Jared? Why is there a big finger streak in the topping?" And I'd be like "I don't know..." And they wouldn't be able to prove it was me cuz I always wear latex gloves when I'm stealing frosting.

I just made fried zucchini last night. First for me. Even made my own bread crumbs. But I had 2 zucchini's starting to get old and didn't want to throw them away. I'll find the best dishes that way. Just by being broke and scrounging to make something out of anything. Surprising what you can come up with sometimes. Anyway, it was a huge mess and it took a long time. BUT, it tasted really good, so worth it. And I didn't have to throw away precious food. Cooking can be very cathartic.

Oh and wow does that coffee cake look yummy!

ahhhh, I love fried zucchini. Sadly, they are out of season here; I wish supermarkets would import the big ones, you can't really fry the tiny zucchini sold in winter Frowner