Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Baking (and cooking?)

i love you guys. really. i think it's great sharing this stuff with you!!

also...lemon drizzle cake?! yum.

i'm going to make lemon sandwich cookies this weekend. so much can be said for lemon. mmmmmmmmm. perhaps i should plant a lemon tree. wait....can they grow in Wisconsin? **scurries off to research**

quote:
Originally posted by SugarDrive:

i'm going to make lemon sandwich cookies this weekend. so much can be said for lemon. mmmmmmmmm. perhaps i should plant a lemon tree. wait....can they grow in Wisconsin? **scurries off to research**

I love lemon anything. If lemons don't prove the existence of god, I don't know what does. Oh settle down. I'm just kidding, I'm sure they got here by chance just like the brain. whaaaa!!

I think if you look back in to the archives, it is Regina herself who started this subject. The woman loves life, and food is a big part of it.

Anyone have a good Banana Bread Recipe?. I have two brown ones, an old apple, and some other kitchen staples. I've made Banana bread twice. Both times it comes out tasty but light brown. My mother-in-law makes it and it is always dark brown. I asked her why the other day and she didn't know why. Whaaaaaat!?? Why wouldn't she know why? Mine are always light. Her's are always dark.

quote:
Originally posted by ThePoetsLove:

My amazing flatmate just made lemon drizzle cake. amazingnesssss

lemon drizzle cake is awesomee!

i made raw steak today. mmmmm.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

quote:

I love lemon anything. If lemons don't prove the existence of god, I don't know what does. Oh settle down. I'm just kidding, I'm sure they got here by chance just like the brain. whaaaa!!

I think if you look back in to the archives, it is Regina herself who started this subject. The woman loves life, and food is a big part of it.

Anyone have a good Banana Bread Recipe?. I have two brown ones, an old apple, and some other kitchen staples. I've made Banana bread twice. Both times it comes out tasty but light brown. My mother-in-law makes it and it is always dark brown. I asked her why the other day and she didn't know why. Whaaaaaat!?? Why wouldn't she know why? Mine are always light. Her's are always dark.

i made a tasty peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread. i can share that, but you'll need 3 bananas.

quote:

I used to live in Hartland Wisconsin back in 1978. Long time ago, but I remember living next to a forest and feeding chipmunks out of my hand. I moved around a lot when I was a kid and I remember loving Wisconsin. Is the whole state as beautiful as the place I lived?

P.S.- Regina wasn't even born yet. Smiler

well milwaukee's your typical city, but my folks live near the UP...about 4.5 hours north, and it's beautiful up there. you can see the stars at night. clean air, clean water. it's nice.

Yeah, I thought so. I have such fond memories of that state. I wish I was there now actually. My father was still alive back then. I know that is incredibly sad, but he was the funniest person I've ever known. He could be irritating like anyones dad, but he could make me laugh from my gut. Like a hardy har har kind of laugh. For instance he went to high school in Portland Oregon and was the first to ever be impeached as a vice president. They caught him gambling in the bathroom. The story is so unbelievably funny. Wow!! do I miss him.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

Yeah, I thought so. I have such fond memories of that state. I wish I was there now actually. My father was still alive back then. I know that is incredibly sad, but he was the funniest person I've ever known. He could be irritating like anyones dad, but he could make me laugh from my gut. Like a hardy har har kind of laugh. For instance he went to high school in Portland Oregon and was the first to ever be impeached as a vice president. They caught him gambling in the bathroom. The story is so unbelievably funny. Wow!! do I miss him.

what a great memory! keep it close to your heart and there he'll always be. <3