Sign in to follow this  
SugarDrive

Baking (and cooking?)

i collect old books, and i just thought it would look neat. *shrug*

i just pulled a few off the shelf, not paying too much attention to which i was choosing. the only one i put thought into was chaucer, and that is just because of the size and color of the book.

i know you guys are probably so sick of seeing these pictures, but MEH! Smiler here are some cupcakes I made this weekend. They're just vanilla bean cupcakes. The pink frosting is vanilla bean buttercream and the yellow is leftover lemon buttercream from last weekend's baking expedition.

4338919787_31f9018d82_b.jpg

4338920221_aa2beded7c_b.jpg

please excuse the fake flower....the photo needed something.

4338920639_b480571c42_b.jpg

4339664288_db7f0b864d_b.jpg

i took these pics. kurt thinks i should be able to do it on my own...since i'm a big girl and whatnot. i'm not entirely convinced, although i think they turned out alright. typically i stage the food, and i think that's kind of the hard part? maybe i'm wrong.

Smiler happy to. ask G, he got a care package last XMAS. didn't have the ambition to this year, but next year I will do so again.

made a carrot cake with white chocolate cream cheese frosting and a chocolate cake with chocolate swiss meringue buttercream for my husband's birthday party tomorrow. also chili, stuffed mushrooms and spinach artichoke dip. now i'm cleaning and have class tonight and all day tomorrow. completely pooped.

Thanks to Jodi I've been thinking about this cake nonstop since she posted up pics. Obviously I wasn't going to make it through life unless I tried it. So, I dug up recipes for the roasted banana cake and salted caramel frosting and went crazy when I was home this weekend. It turned out amazing. At least my parents and grandparents thought so. It was my first time making caramel too! Although, I think it could use more frosting for around the edges. I'm going to have to work on perfecting that recipe. What a hardship... Razzer

4361752242_175e1d641f_b.jpg

4361751774_faf5e389f7_b.jpg

4361751184_d245801eee_b.jpg

4361008917_23a8e2fbcc_b.jpg