Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

Concerts?

I realized after I posted on the original concert thread that I forgot some. So here is my complete list (no doubt still omitting a few):

Bonnie Raitt x2

NRBQ

Elvis Costello (at a party)

Jackson Browne (x2)

Phoebe Snow

Jerry Garcia & Merle Saunders

Alice Peacock

Sarah Harmer

Regina Spektor x 4

Only Son

Smoosh

Ingrid Michaelson

Imogen Heap x2

Tom Chapin

Rufus Wainwright

Jill Sobule

Erin McKeown

Feist

Ani DiFranco

Laura Marling x2

Joanna Newsom

I saw the musical Spring Awakening, with Lea Michele, Jonathan Groff, etc. Does that count? It felt more like a concert than a musical. Wink

Want to see:

David Bowie

Vienna Teng

Bea Palya

Missy Higgins

Neil Young

Chris Thile

Bjork

Donovan

Tori Amos

Fionn Regan

Wish I had seen:

Billie Holiday

Marvin Gaye

Michael Jackson

Bob Dylan (in the old days)

Joni Mitchell (ditto)

Sigur Ros (before they split)

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

I saw the musical Spring Awakening, with Lea Michele, Jonathan Groff, etc. Does that count? It felt more like a concert than a musical. Wink

That definitely counts! They're both great. I don't know if I want to see it without them...although it'd still probably be awesome. Smiler

and Sigur Ros split up? when? Eeker

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

and Sigur Ros split up? when? Eeker

From wikipedia:

In January 2010, the band announced that they will be on hiatus until further notice in order to pursue solo careers and to spend time with their families.

PS I think you should see Spring Awakening anyway--it's such great music. When I saw it, those two (Michele and Groff) were nobodies--they had never done anything else. So maybe their replacements will likewise be unknown but amazingly talented. Smiler

i saw spring awakening with the original cast as well! they are all amazing.

and just so you guys know, spring awakening closed last year- but it is currently on tour. i saw the tour when they came near me in march, and i can tell you for a fact that i was not disappointed with any of the replacement cast. i don't really think it's possible to make that show bad, haha.

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

i saw spring awakening with the original cast as well! they are all amazing.

I actually loved the guy who played Moritz and the girl who sang Blue Wind the best, not the "leads." But I agree, it was incredible ensemble. I'm so glad to hear the replacement cast is great.

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

the girl who sang Blue Wind

i love lauren pritchard. seriously. she signed my playbill. i thought she had the best (or coolest?) voice in the cast, hands down.

haha sorry for completely side-tracking this thread, i seem to have a knack for that. Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

i love lauren pritchard. seriously. she signed my playbill. i thought she had the best (or coolest?) voice in the cast, hands down.

Yes, there was something really unusual about her voice. It was so perfect for that song. Was she nice? (Not to prolong the hijack of this thread ...)

yeah, she seemed really nice. although i admittedly didn't really interact with her that much, haha. it was kind of one of those "oh hey, there's lauren pritchard-thank you so much!-oh hey, we need to go get thai food now" moments.