Bonnaroo 2010

Wow, that was Spektacular. "You are heat superheroes."

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

quote:
Originally posted by ohmarcello:

quote:
Originally posted by Barth:

The little jackasses tweeting garbage are simply reminders that there is a rest of the world, which is not such a nice place sometimes---would that everyone lived in ReginaWorld. But we do.

Oh, man! I agree so much. The sexual comments and constant comparisons of Regina to other female singers... why!? what was the need for that?!

There are a lot of people complaining and talking trash for every single act. So don't feel too bad. So many gross sexist comments though. It made me sick. I tried to keep Regina full screen and ignore it most of the time. I only looked at them when I was checking the quality of the stream..

I didn't like all the negative twitter comments either, probably from those waiting for the next act or some other show. It's a shame really. Haters gonna hate.

Regina is just pure, raw, unadulterated talent. She doesn't need to get by 80% on just her looks like other contemporary female singers. She always wears modest and elegant dresses and she's above being a sex icon, which makes her art all the more beautiful.

On a lighter note, I read two twitter comments from users who had previously never heard of Regina and are now fans.

Though I have to say, that was low of Roo to kill the feed when Regina was performing her most popular song. Fortunately I managed to hop onto npr.org/bonnaroo fairly quickly to catch the rest.

I find myself treasuring the precious moments in between the songs when Regina lets her brilliant mind shine through.

Other acts I followed: Norah Jones was great. The mood was very mellow and sublime. Temper Trap--whose music was also featured in (500) Days of Smmer--has two great songs: Sweet Disposition and Science of Fear. I didn't realize that John Fogerty was the lead guitarist and songwriter for Creedence Clearwater Revival.

It's great that the internet has enabled us to be able to watch live performances in high-quality. I have a hard time living in the moment, so I'm glad that I can enjoy this more freely than I could at Dillo day.

Yay, my third free Regina Spektor concert (counting the White House performance).

One of the sites which pointed to NPR's Bonnaroo coverage of Regina, described the network as "your father's favorite radio station." As someone's father, I will plead guilty because WFUV, WNYC, WGBH, WBUR, WXPN and WAMC are all treasures to me.

And, guess what: they have already posted a stream from today. If you missed it, or want to hear it again, or want to see if you can record it better, here it is: http://www.npr.org/templates/s...hp?storyId=127482362

Guys! Thanks for all the pics, audio, videos, links and stuff Big Grin

Also, is it me or does her hair look really cool? Like longer, curlier, I don't know hehe. Maybe I'm just crazy