Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Interviews & Appearances 2010

She looks so much like her mom. Oh my god... Regina! She looks so adorable with her ill-fitted baby-teeth. And she looks gorgeous all grown-up, and she's wearing quite a few rings on her left hand.

I love how sincere Regina is when she talks. Her feelings are so transparent through her body language and facial expressions and she's so emphatic about everything.

HIAS stands for Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, for those wondering.

Thanks Greg for sharing this great new video.

Is this something new or is there already a thread on it?:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t...hOnftR5BcdCQ&cad=rja

ALSO:

This is an interview with Jay Brannan (pretty good singer songwriter guy), well it was kind of a long interview, but I happened to copy and paste for us this little jewel of a morsel of something he said:

GS (Gregg Shapiro): How is it that you come to work with producer David Kahne?

JB (Jay Brannan): Really good luck, I think [laughs}. I made a list of producers that I would kill to work with, my dream list of producers. He was the top person on there, mostly because of the album he made with Regina Spektor called "Begin To Hope." That is one of my favorite albums. I think it's one of the best to come out in the last 10 years. So I did what I do, which is basically Google people and try to figure out how to track them down on the Internet. I managed to figure out who his management was and I sent an email to an address that an intern probably checks every three weeks. Someone there had heard of my music before and forwarded it to his manager and she forwarded to David and then he contacted me that night directly. We met a couple days later and really got along, so we thought, "Let's try doing one song together." It was really fun so we did another and another and soon we had a whole album. I can't believe I made an album with someone so incredible. He's a legend. I'm thrilled.

Here's the whole interview if you want:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t...Yukd0lLjr0rQ&cad=rja

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

Is this something new or is there already a thread on it?: http://www.entertainment-focus...ide-rihanna-skrillex

Whaa?? Is this true? I haven't seen this. Nice find!

When I read this from the article:"One Live and Unsigned act will have the opportunity to play at Peace & Love in Sweden , which takes place from 26th – 30th June 2012."

This comment came to mind:

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

Going to London and being sure to see regina this year vs. waiting for some scandinavian locations and not spending a fortune... hmmm.

I guess she won't have to spend a fortune. Smiler

The article says:"Rihanna will be headlining, alongside: Skrillex, Bloc Party, Enter Shikari, Regina Spektor, Wolfmother, Dropkick Murphys plus more"

Do you think this means there will be more songs on the album that have a sort of techno feel to it like All the Rowboats, given the styles of the other groups Regina will be playing alongside with?

I personally don't really like any of the other artists except maybe Wolfmother...I guess it's good Regina will be getting some exposure with a new kind of audience?

quote:
Originally posted by porcupine-ologist:

quote:

Is this something new or is there already a thread on it?: http://www.entertainment-focus...ide-rihanna-skrillex

Whaa?? Is this true? I haven't seen this. Nice find!

When I read this from the article:"One Live and Unsigned act will have the opportunity to play at Peace & Love in Sweden , which takes place from 26th – 30th June 2012."

This comment came to mind:

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

Going to London and being sure to see regina this year vs. waiting for some scandinavian locations and not spending a fortune... hmmm.

I guess she won't have to spend a fortune. Smiler

The article says:"Rihanna will be headlining, alongside: Skrillex, Bloc Party, Enter Shikari, Regina Spektor, Wolfmother, Dropkick Murphys plus more"

Do you think this means there will be more songs on the album that have a sort of techno feel to it like All the Rowboats, given the styles of the other groups Regina will be playing alongside with?

I personally don't really like any of the other artists except maybe Wolfmother...I guess it's good Regina will be getting some exposure with a new kind of audience?

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! I knew she would come! I knew it! I will definitely try to be there! It's 260 USD for the whole festival though. I wish they would announce the date of her set...

Veronica Maggio is good too. Melissa Horn and Anna Ternheim are OK I guess. They are not techno, so she doesn't have to be... And if Rihanna is the same day as Regina I'm not complaining. Not that I listen to her but I suppose it will be a good show.

quote:

Holy crap!! Now it looks like even something else new that has Regina in it. Something about a 'you tube' show with a segment called 'The Living Room'. I'm so bad at understanding these articles:

Another event I've never heard of yet that says is going to include Regina:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t...ob_d3c1moomw&cad=rja

If you look at their first video announcing the channel here:

Regina makes an appearance at 0:47 seconds in. Smiler