Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Interviews & Appearances 2010

^^It's really just a little clip from Live in London. Anyway, it's about time these Warner douchebags embraced Youtube, instead of spending so much time having stuff pulled. It will be interesting to see what the Live Room is about.

^ Oooh! There's some good answers. Particularly like "There were a lot of songs that I wanted to be on this record, but when I played them as demos, they just didn't feel right. It's not their time. But other songs that I hadn't expected to feature, did feel right. It's always unexpected."

I wonder if Oh Marcello was an unexpected one.

I thought it was also interesting that she said about the song list that 'There's a bunch of songs that are older, but there are songs like 'Firewood' that were written more recently.'

How long have we been hearing 'firewood'? Over a year maybe?

That either means we're not going to get new songs we haven't heard already, or we'll get ones that were written as recent as 'Firewood', but she's just never performed them.

Personally, I like the idea that she's catching up on some of these classics we've been wishing forever for her to record. And I can't wait to get reactions from the world on some of those.

Who knows what's really true though. I'm just speculating. Sometimes people seem irritated at people guessing what she'll do. But, hey, what are forums like this for but to express yourself imperfectly and still be accepted. Smiler

P.S. - In that interview she also said something about it taking 5 years locked in a room to record everything she has. Is it just me, or is that idea hard to hate? Smiler

i really wish she'd increase her album-making pace a bit. i'm pretty sure she's said in the past that if it weren't for her label she'd put out two albums a year. and maybe that's a bit much, but even one album a year would be a huge improvement for my life.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

But, hey, what are forums like this for but to express yourself imperfectly and still be accepted. Smiler

Smiler

quote:
P.S. - In that interview she also said something about it taking 5 years locked in a room to record everything she has. Is it just me, or is that idea hard to hate? Smiler

LOL i don't think i'm with you on this one, tony. But i still accept you Razzer

Yeah, I figured Regina wasn't happy with the performance or something hit a snag because it was never released in 2009, and if you look at the TED website it's not there. I haven't seen it before today. With all the unauthorized leaks lately it doesn't hurt to be a little careful with stuff like this.

Where did you get it if I may ask?