Sign in to follow this  
RooneyFilm

Gaga and Spektor

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

To lighten up the mood a bit Wink: I will be seeing Lady Gaga in November. I'm sooo excited!

You think I'm depressing? >.>

Kidding, that's great! I'd like to see/meet her myself one of these days. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by RooneyFilm:

quote:

To lighten up the mood a bit Wink: I will be seeing Lady Gaga in November. I'm sooo excited!

Kidding, that's great! I'd like to see/meet her myself one of these days. Big Grin

Big GrinBig Grin not at all, but in comparison with your argumentation my announcement was kinda trivial Wink

btw this, for me, is a further evidence of Gaga's charisma and her great voice:

http://perezhilton.com/2010-05-02-britney-does-gaga

even with so much post-production and voice gizmos Gaga's voice sounds much better than Britney's!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by RooneyFilm:

quote:

Big GrinBig Grin not at all, but in comparison with your argumentation my announcement was kinda trivial Wink

btw this, for me, is a further evidence of Gaga's charisma and her great voice:

http://perezhilton.com/2010-05-02-britney-does-gaga

even with so much post-production and voice gizmos Gaga's voice sounds much better than Britney's!

haha i read that today...thank god britney let gaga do her own song..

and...i might be seeing gaga in october, if it happens i might die of happiness.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

I didn’t really feel like touching the weight issue, but I realized something. If regina gained or lost 20lbs, nothing would change. It wouldn’t affect her career, no tabloids would comment, even most fans would barely notice, and she wouldn’t really have many more body image concerns than any one of us. Whereas, Lady Gaga packing on some weight could be a major issue, as well as being hugely detrimental psychologically.

~circa Feb 2010. Just sayin'.

I respect to all who likes Gaga, but I don't like her. I find her a person who needs acting in her shows and clips to get attention. Someone who uses music to get attention is a truly musician.

Lady GaGa is the definition of a sellout! I'd like her better if she had no talent, and stopped trying to be deep by talking about everything that people attribute great meaning to, such as human suffering and disasters, philosophy/religion, love, and so on. I'm not saying that she is a person without substance, i'm saying the substance we see is only a dimension of her $$$-grabbing. Despite an image of being "edgy," "unpredictable," and yet somehow "honest and the real deal," she won't write songs that would get her in real trouble, she won't say a word that would get her in real trouble. Not for sensitivity, but because when you make a wrong move, people stop buying, and GaGa is nothing but a businesswoman. She's safely edgy, like the teenager who goes out and gets a piercing, or a class clown who shuts up the minute the teacher comes into the room. Gaga is not an artist of the highest integrity, who just really wants to bear her soul to the world, and couldn't be more surprised that her method of expression has just happened to work out a business model for making millions...

I'm not mad at her. But for the record, I don't buy it as genuine. No matter what. Can you imagine the entertainment headlines:"gaga does show in jeans and a t-shirt!" "Lady GaGa performs without makeup, props, and background noise!" Even dropping the theatrics, she'd have attention and interest, which is what she's after.

To put this mini-rant in perspective, when Regina expresses an opinion, whether in song or in an interview, i believe her. I believe either that she personally holds the opinion, or that she's stating it because it's in keeping with her public persona. When gaga makes a statement, i tend to see it as a calculated move, geared toward making bank. It's a subtle difference, but to me, it's an important one. If Regina were to hate Christians, let's say, I would not expect her to come out and volunteer that information. That would cause damage to her career. Same with gaga. However, regina's career is not based on her holding deep, controversial, or interesting views. This is the distinction between her and gaga for me. Gaga is exemplified as being all of these things: deep, controversial, and interesting, yet she doesn't hate christians, for example, nor does she say anything that hasn't been said before, by every other pop musician. Hold commonplace views all you want. Most people do, that's why they're commonplace. But don't take credit for being interesting when you're actually just like everyone else. Regina doesn't claim different, and so a 'different' that would hurt her career would be out of place. Gaga does claim different, but she doesn't deliver, except for the egg thing, and the meat thing, and other nonsense.

Again, whether one or the other of these talented ladies has substance isn't truly up for debate, because the public has never really met either of them. I'm talking about self-presentation and the images that they claim. Regina, like most musicians is honest in that she remains within socially acceptable bounds. Gaga does the same thing, but somehow allows people to pat her on the back for being edgy. You're not edgy, you're just odd!