Sign in to follow this  
RooneyFilm

Gaga and Spektor

quote:
Originally posted by folding chair:

regina's got a way hotter bod than gaga. there are also no national speculations about her gender.

Hahaha !!!

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
Originally posted by val:

simplier: Regina moves me, Lady Gaga amuses me.

What about "Reading Time With Pickle"?

why does everyone take this song as a joke? i read the comments about rtwp on "songmeanings.com" and was shocked that ppl were thinking it was about dildos and masturbation and that the pickles were just a metaphor for penises and self-love. i'm sure ppl are so proud of their "psych 101" analyses of these lyrics, but gimme a break. i think that's the most ridiculous conclusion. but apparently a lot of ppl think these things about the song. it just goes to show how great art will always be under-appreciated. the integrity of her work will probably continue to be missed the whole way along. rtwp, in particular, is one of the most profound and beautiful reg songs in terms of poetics. if anyone happens to visit the site, i've put a whole rant up, but i really think it showcases the theme of her work and her writing extremely well. and it makes me cry every bloody time i listen to it. and not just b/c of the personal connection i've made to it, but, as a writer, it's moving and inspiring to hear someone articulate something like this so well (when it's usually so hard to do such without being convoluted or cliche...or both).

and also, just on a side-note, c'mon guys. are you honestly gonna sit here discussing her looks/weight/body? aren't there more important things to be discussing on the reg boards than such trivial and truly shallow subjects? i've been meaning to wag my finger for sometime, but i seriously get so...let down when i see these things on here. i know we're all reg fans--and obviously, we wouldn't have accounts on here if we didn't want to talk about her, but let's talk about what she does, not what she looks like. let's talk about why we're really here.

but maybe i don't have a place to rant, b/c i don't post often.

quote:
Originally posted by expectedperfection:

and also, just on a side-note, c'mon guys. are you honestly gonna sit here discussing her looks/weight/body? aren't there more important things to be discussing on the reg boards than such trivial and truly shallow subjects? i've been meaning to wag my finger for sometime, but i seriously get so...let down when i see these things on here. i know we're all reg fans--and obviously, we wouldn't have accounts on here if we didn't want to talk about her, but let's talk about what she does, not what she looks like. let's talk about why we're really here.

but maybe i don't have a place to rant, b/c i don't post often.

There are hundreds of discussion you can participate in so don't patronize few people who want to be "shallow" for a change. The topic is still about Regina and the issue is discussed in a non-offensive manner. I don't see any harm in that.

"Let down", seriously? - don't be a snob.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

There are hundreds of discussion you can participate in so don't patronize few people who want to be "shallow" for a change. The topic is still about Regina and the issue is discussed in a non-offensive manner. I don't see any harm in that.

"Let down", seriously? - don't be a snob.

i knew this was coming. i just think there are better things to talk about. it's not like her looks make any of us bigger fans, y'know? and i will be a "snob" (if that's what you want to call it) when it comes to regina. she means something that transcends all this.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Hey expectedperfection, you should start up a discussion of RTWP in the "Lyrics" section! I'd really like to hear what else you have to say about the song.

doneSmiler

bah--wait, i didn't start it--baby jesus did. but i did post.

sorry bj, didn't mean to take credit.

I've had a pretty horrendous couple of days driving over three hundred miles to find the resting place of a long-lost cousin & belatedly laying some flowers where his ashes were scattered. Frowner

I spent hours crawling along Britain's notoriously outdated Motorways, the M6 on Wednesday 24th February, then on the way back the dreaded M25/M23 where I was held up for so long, that I did something I haven't done for ~66 years!! Confused

Putting it succinctly;

I p*ssed myself! Eeker

Anyways, back to Lady Gaga, I have enjoyed watching that video I linked for "Bad Romance" but have tried to watch some of her other videos, then found that I had better things to do, like clean the drains! Wink

Lady Gaga is a mere wench being taken on a very profitable ride by Record & Video Producers, but I find her songs to be pretty vacuous, albeit beaty uptempo numbers, that seem to need all the tricks of the trade to sell. Confused

Whereas, I could listen to our Regina for hour after hour, as her songs are meaningful, have inner beauty, are sincerely & beautifully performed, I have seen sweet Regina live twice now, but would not cross the road to see Lady Gaga! Wink

To my jaded eyes, it's like comparing a prickly Hawthorn Bush to a perfectly formed Sweetly Scented Rose Cool

DSC08802.jpg

DSC08814.jpg

i feel like you can like both of these artists just fine. you have to take them in a different context, that's all. lady gaga is for when you're with your friends having a good time, and regina is for when you're walking outside contemplating life. i don't think either of those things is better than the other. regina may be "deeper", but lady gaga still has a creative vision and an exciting perspective.

I agree with you on that. I think there's something to be said about rising to superstar fame in less than a year. She does write her own stuff, and she's played the piano since she was 4, has been writing since around age 13, and was noticed by Akon because of this writing talent. She even cites similar artists as influence that Regina does. It's so cool that two completely different genres arose from these roots.