Sign in to follow this  
RooneyFilm

Gaga and Spektor

Hey, here's a wild question for you all:

Do any of you think Lady Gaga and Regina Spektor are complimentary opposites?

They are, first of all, both very talented women, both with good singing voices that they use live! They're both abstract in what they write about, and all they really want to do is make music, tell stories, and connect with fans. They're also both pretty darn good at piano.

But, they're both so radically different at the same time! Gaga's very overt and sexy in her videos and with her lyrics, where Regina's much more reserved and slightly more cryptic. Their shows? Gaga puts together a humongous show, complete with lights, sets, costumes, and make up; Regina's? A piano and a microphone. But both work amazingly!

So, whaddaya guys think? Does this hold water? Post below! =)

-S.G.

Well, this is an interesting point of view. I get what you mean.

I like Lady Gaga. I love Regina Spektor. It's nice to compare them, and in a way, put them on the same line.

But to me this is just not feasible. Too much imbalance. How to compare a singer, every day in some tabloid, showing some parts of herself that only her boyfriend or doctor wants to see (LOL), who seems to be running after money and glory, and another girl, kinda fat, lovely as hell, who seems to be running after just nothing?

To me, they are not to be compared. They are not on the same qualitative level in my mind.

Welcome to the Stix, I posted earlier on the Polar Opposites of Beth Nielsen Chapman singing "Happiness" & The Engines of Armageddon singing "F**K THE CHIP", so I had to take a look see at Lady Gaga v. our Regina! Eeker

I must admit that I enjoyed both of these videos and just look at the incredible number of views on the "Bad Romance" video, 120,878,272 in just two months! Cool

Pretty pointless. Gaga is self-professed "Andy Warhol of music" and shows off parts of her body, with elaborate choreographed dance routines and loads of backup singers. Reg is just her and her piano makin' music always modestly dressed and no dancin'.

quote:
Apples and Oranges to me. A genius and

a flavor of the day

How can you label Regina as a flavour of the day?

That's just mean.

Anyway, I think they are both very good and talented, and were both treading similar steps, but at some point there was a fork in the road, and one used it to eat her food, while the other ate with her bare hands. That's all there is to it.