Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Dating & Money

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie R.:

You could do what my parents did: see who can spend the LEAST on a date. This game seems to have worked: today is their 23rd wedding anniversary.

This is a bit off topic, but my parent's 24th anniversary was on Feb. 23rd. Coincidence!

^^ Ha. Horrible attitude? Its called being a gentlemen. And I'm sure your way of thinking about this has gotten you far relationship wise.....

It's a nice gesture. IMHO, the ideal situation would be the man offers to pay and after a short back and forth exchange the couple will agree on a split bill or the woman paying on the next occasion. The woman expecting the man to pay for everything is a bad precedent. It indicates an uneven relationship, like the woman is incapable to manage herself. On the other hand, when the man doesn't even made the offer, he looks cheap and unwilling to give the relationship a try.

If it is the first date it's understandable that the man is trying to impress and if it's so he should be prepared to pay for the whole thing. As the relationship evolves though, it should head toward a more equal financial settlement. If the woman is unwilling to accept that, then hands off - she is only using the guy.