Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Dating & Money

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

^^ MusicLover I was being nice. She is my friend. Thats what friends do, they help each other out, ring any bells? Ever socialized with anyone in your life? Ever had a friend?

I would not do that to complete strangers. I like to be nice. And I felt bad so I helped her out. Quit making wild accusations that I am trying to get into her pants by paying for her drink.

quote:
Recession or not, you always pay for the woman. Guys who disagree are jackasses.

Would you have bought the drink if your friend was a guy? just sayin'.

Also, start earning your own wages and having bills, and let us know if you still feel the same.

I think paying for someone should be your choice, boy or girl, date or not. However, if you don't intend to pay for a date it's polite to let them know.

That being said, I pay for my female friends all the time, and they pay for me. Just yesterday I was fighting with a friend because she wanted to treat me to dinner and I wanted to treat her. And yes, we both work and support ourselves.

Basically, the whole point of paying for someone is just to show you care. And if you're dating someone and they care about you, they should understand when you aren't able to pay for them. And you certainly aren't a jackass.

That is so true. I wish it wasn't considered rude or brash to just put your expectations out right at the onset of a relationship. And if people would just say what they mean. It's hard enough for me to understand the undertones of girl-speak despite being a girl myself.

I don't know, my boys are usually very direct with me. Maybe I don't have any understanding of boy speak, the possibility of which scares the shit out of me Confused. Of course, guys are not usually present around girl-talk, and vice-versa. Now I feel like this deserves some long, drawn-out philosophical/psychological essay which may or may not have been written already.

I can't speak for Yaya, but I was just trying to make the point that...you know the old slogan... people are just people. Not all girls are cryptic and not all guys are straight forward. We vary and that's what makes us wonderful!

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

I can't speak for Yaya, but I was just trying to make the point that...you know the old slogan... people are just people. Not all girls are cryptic and not all guys are straight forward. We vary and that's what makes us wonderful!

you spoke for me too. Smiler

not all girls are cryptic and not all guys are straight forward.