Sign in to follow this  
val

strong human feelings.

Stomach ache, sobs in the throat, hands shaking, brain upside down.

I did not lose time tonight. Had a good discussion on msn with my new friend. Then, listened to some Regina. And discovered (yeah, it's a discovery, because this song is just like a continent) ... I discovered Regina's song titled "Open" tonight.

And this is really it. Open.

Waw. How many nights like the one of Feb 25, 2010, are still to come? I can't wait to be living them.

And now, I can transform this monologue into a topic.

Which Regina's songs move you most?

Mines are Open (new!), Aquarius, Man of a thousand faces, ...

Stomach ache, sobs in the throat, hands shaking, brain upside down.

I did not lose time tonight. Had a good discussion on msn with my new friend. Then, listened to some Regina. And discovered (yeah, it's a discovery, because this song is just like a continent) ... I discovered Regina's song titled "Open" tonight.

And this is really it. Open.

Waw. How many nights like the one of Feb 25, 2010, are still to come? I can't wait to be living them.

And now, I can transform this monologue into a topic.

Which Regina's songs move you most?

Mines are Open (new!), Aquarius, Man of a thousand faces, ...

I would say:

The Calculation, because:

I love this song so much! Every time I hear it, my stomach does a little flip and I immediately feel better. It's this weird, visceral reaction.

Fidelity, because:

This is the song that started everything off for me. I heard it in a friend's car just after it came out, and loved the cd immediately, albeit some songs more than others. I also remember studying for an exam in May 2007 where I just listened to Begin to Hope over and over.

One More Time with Feeling, because:

I've had arthritis since I was 10, and I had been in remission for the past 5 years. Then I moved to college and it almost immediately relapsed. I got me through some rough patches.

Human of the Year, because:

Coming from the Christian tradition, I've been trying to square myself with what I believe my religion is and what others have turned it in to. The line "all mankind are now your brothers." was sort of a paradigm shift.

Blue Lips Tonic used to make me so, so emotional, but I kind of wore it out. I still love it though Smiler

As for none-Regina songs, Intro by Cloud Cult (from the album Happy Hippo) gets to me so much. The images I see are amazing when I listen to it!

I love those people that can make you just ecstatic simply by being themselves. Smiler

The regina songs that have moved me most are:

Braille because it yearns to find its happy cay in the sea of tears.

Us because it carries me up the river of existence.

Aquarius because it lights a lantern of love in the dark void.

Somedays because it accepts the tragedy of nothingness.

You because it grasps at the nothingness for the sheer sake of feeling hope.

20 Years of Snow because it embraces oddity until it becomes poignancy.

And Ghost because it strips down the world until it is naked; neither nihilistically or righeously, in a matter that is utterly human.