Sign in to follow this  
Bartender

Benefit for Haiti on March 23, 2010

I am going to have to break away from the common ground / view, Hallelujah was good and I liked the string arrangements and Regina made it her own and did a good job, but Jeff Buckley truly owns that song (even more than Cohen himself, and other covers - John Cale, Rufas Wainwright etc)

It was a great unique show. I felt the special guest kind of interrupted the flow of Regina's set though. It would of been good for them to do their solo sets before Regina.

Shara blew me away.

...AMAZING!!! On train heading home. Had a great day. Show was amazing, Regina was great as usually. I had front row center, amazing view. The setlist was great. At the end of the show I waited by the stage for a

bit and ended up getting a setlist. I asked the guy on stage if I could have her setlist and then he said he was not aloud to give it out. So then I knew Regina was on the side of the stage so I yelled "Regina can I have a setlist" then she said "yes" so I was super happy! Waited about a hour and a half outside the venue. Met Regina, she signed my setlist and took a picture with me!! Worth the wait and the cold. Have tons of amazing pics and videos. Will post them soon!!! I'm on train now basically falling asleep! Nice meeting some of you guys.

quote:
Originally posted by .:

Kate is very happy Smiler

I'm glad...it was my pleasure. I'm just really sorry about the bad break you got. Next time, dude...

I'm off to sleep. I uploaded a few for now. I'll post the link to the first song. Just look for the next ones. Too tired to paste them all here.

I hope this will do for now. Good night guys!

This concert was amazing! Definitely worth the dehydration and foot sores, haha!

I must say that I am now a fan of Nicole Atkins after her performance! And Shara... ah hell, they were all amazing! The duet between Jack and Regina was fucking spektacular! Big Grin

Oh man, it was great, but I'll leave the better storytellers to it.

And Rawin, that was so fucked, I'm really sorry.

EDIT: Hey Aaron, were you able to record the show?