Sign in to follow this  
Bartender

Benefit for Haiti on March 23, 2010

Holy crap that is amazing set list! It kinda gives me hope that If I get to go to the bonnaroo concert it wot just be a copy of her far album. Don't get me wrong I love far, but would love to hear others live also. I wish I was even semi close to NY. You guys are so lucky, you get to see so many more performances.

hi guys! i'm new here Smiler

the concert was brilliant. about 20 mins. in though, BOTH the cameras i brought died, so with my luck, no documentation of anything past the first few songs or of meeting her. it was so worth it though, i'm still in a post-concert high.

Just checking in quick to say I'm alive and made it back for my 9am class, for anyone who might care. Not a bad day at all so far, plenty of regibuzz to keep me functioning.

I have a buttload more to say, but for now my cursory statement- last night was more than worth the money, traveling, stress, shivering, and sleep deprivation. The duet alone was beyond over the top great.

As usual, I have tons of videos and pics that I'll get organized later tonight. For now I need some serious coffee and food before my 1:00 patient.

quote:
Originally posted by altered ego:

Special guest

Only Son (Jack Dishel)

Call Them Brothers feat Regina

Lions

The song Jack did solo is called It's A Boy (and i freaking loooove it!). At least that's what he told us last week...

I don't have time to make a full report right now, probably can later tonight.

I just wanted to let you guys who couldn't come know that the merch was just a shirt that regina designed and she said any of them that were left over after the show were going into the online store, but when they're gone that's it.

I'm really glad that I got to meet all the 'stixers who went. Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys. Smiler

I enjoyed catching up with everyone and was thrilled with the show. I enjoyed the "host" role that reg took last night as she was very interactive with us. I didn't mind the break in the flow since all the surprise guests performed so well. Goosebumps were the order of the night for me...

Jamie, I thought you might fall asleep while we were waiting after. Glad you made it safe and sound.

A good cause, great people and excellent performers...couldn't ask for more in my book!

Cool

The show was absolutely amazing SmilerIt was great getting the hang out with other stixers and the setlist/performance was more than anyone could ask for. I also loved the song Jack played (hopefully someone recorded it), and it was really interesting to see a colaboration song between him and Regina. The only dissapointment for me was not getting a picture with regina, but there's always next time.

I have a bunch of photos and videos that I'll upload later. Don't have my computer with me now. I don't have that much in the way of videos but am pretty sure I got all of The Piano is not Firewood yet, and some other stuff... It was great meeting/remeeting everyone! hope to do it again!

Haven't seen any comments about Shara Worden. She blew my socks off. Vocals were outstanding. Her guitar sound reminded me a lot of Explosions in the Sky, the indie band that did the soundtrack for Friday Night Lights. Here is a video for

which she did last night. I don't think it does her justice. I hope someone captured her live performance. She was great and several months pregnant too. She kidded about pausing during one long vocal to take a pregnancy breath...

quote:
Haven't seen any comments about Shara Worden. She blew my socks off.

I loved all three performers, but she was my absolute favorite. She had so much range vocally, and the songs were just beautiful.

And I really want the dress she wore. I knew I liked her when I saw the sequins :P

Marjerina , welcome to the Stix! Smiler

Guys, thank you so very much for sharing your impressions! Ah, i wish i was there, ther setlist is simply startling!

Dentistgirl, hope you feel better after the trip! Loking forward to see your pics and vids!

And Andreseng, huuge thanks for the videos!!