Sign in to follow this  
Bartender

Benefit for Haiti on March 23, 2010

Hey everybody, I'm new here (long time lurker, just made an account).

I was at the show, and I recorded the entire thing, including guests, in 1080i 60fps. I plan to convert these videos to 1080p 30fps, and get them up on YouTube asap.

I recorded the entire show, except for about a minute of Hotel Song because a security guard told me and several other people that we can't record. I stopped recording, and resumed right after Hotel Song, and he never came back.

I was dead center, with 2 people in front of me. When I got there, there was one person in front of me, but three young girls came, and begged me to stand in front of me, and since they were much shorter than me, and weren't going to be blocking my view, I let them (they stood next to eachother, so it was only one extra person in front of me).

My camera is the Sony DSC-HX5V, which I just got a week or so ago. It's actually incredible, and in my opinion, the best camera that you can bring into a concert and record with. It has fantastic 1080i video, 10X optical zoom, and a brand new optical stabilization with an "active mode" which actually seems like magic. At 1X-4X zoom, you can actually shake the camera in your hand a little bit, and the video won't even move. At 10X zoom, most cameras would be very shaky, even if you're holding it very steady. With this camera, if I try a little, I can keep it perfectly steady at 10X zoom.

Most of my videos came out extremely well, there are a few wobbly parts when I adjusted the camera in my hand, but for the most part they're very stable, very sharp videos. You can actually freeze the video at any point (30 times per second), and they actually look like quality pictures.

The 10X zoom allowed me to get extreme closeups on Regina's beautiful face! Smiler Also, the camera has stereo microphones, so the audio also came out great (no distortion whatsoever)

I'm gonna try and get these videos up online as soon as possible. The videos are in a weird format (AVCHD, .MTS extension), so I need to convert them before putting them up on YouTube, and also it's close to 20GB of videos, so it'll take some time to convert and upload. I also have other concerts that I have to deal with, but I'll try to get at least one video up some time today.

oh hey, i remember you! I was in front of you a little to your right. Thanks for doing this, I'm super excited to see the outcome!

i know i still haven't really reported yet. but i have listed to Call them Brothers about 3000 times now and was wondering does it make anyone else think of the iron curtain especially the Berlin Wall?

that's it, it's split, it won't recover

can't we find something else to pretend, that nobody's won and we're safe at the end

and chip at the bricks and fill up your pockets with the pieces of the wall that you stole

a shot rings out. nobody wants it, nobody wants it to stand(?) stay(?)

find your fathers and your mothers if you remember who they are

Regardless, LOVELOVELOVELOVE. They can lay a new piece of crap on me anytime.

hey everyone Smiler

i waited in line since around 5pm so I saw all of you guys. I'm new(ish) to the stix but I posted a few times before.

one of you offered me a ticket for my friend who didn't have one but when I called her she said it was too late and she couldn't come Frowner so thanks for that you are so friendly. I don't know who that was, but maybe you remember me?

also jessicaw09 (I know what you look like from the pics you posted Smiler ) I was the person calling bakstage to regina with you, to get her setlist! yayy

anyway I just wanted to say I had the most amazing time and I wish wish wish I could have waited for her to come out but I actually have a torn tendon in my foot and having been standing for 7 hours already was sooo bad for it Frowner oh well, I already got her autograph once and I'm sure there will be other opportunities!!

I wanted to find out how many people waited, and how long she took to come out?

thanks, and I'm super glad I joined this site Smiler

jpscool4u,

If you'd be willing to have a high-quality downloadable version of your video hosted on RespektOnline, please send me an email (aaron.eshbach@gmail.com) so we can coordinate the upload.

Thanks Smiler

Well would you want the original 1080i AVCHD .MTS files, or would it be better to have 1080p x264 .mkv files?

I'm not sure which one requires more system resources (i.e. a more powerful computer), but the 1080i files play beautifully in a free program called Splash Lite. Also, the files are pretty big. The 1080i files are 14.3GB.

Let me know what you want me to do. I haven't yet figured out exactly what software I would use to convert it, but I can upload one video now and you can let me know how it is....

So. After roughly five years of on again, off again lurking on these here forums, I decided to post. Couldn't remember my username OR email address so I made a new account. It was great to finally meet some of you guys and I'm looking forward to hanging out at the next show or sooner (I moved to New York six months ago and have like two and a half friends.)

Anyway, here are some photos/videos from the show. Enjoy.

Ode to Divorce

Laughing With

Firewood

Blue Lips

Music Box

Consequence of Sounds

4460425995_b6b2c09afe.jpg

4460426379_abff377bcb.jpg

The rest of this set can be found on my flickr.

Cheers!

quote:
Originally posted by ivy:

one of you offered me a ticket for my friend who didn't have one but when I called her she said it was too late and she couldn't come Frowner so thanks for that you are so friendly. I don't know who that was, but maybe you remember me?

That was me ivy. I was helping srg attempt to move an extra ticket which ended up going to Kate which was a blessing so I'm glad it all worked out. I also came back and told you later on that the box office had just released some tickets while you were sitting in the doorway of the restaurant.

reg came out a little after 12:30. Probably about 20 stixers and maybe 10 or so others and 2 skate boarders. But it was a quicky. She was whisked off in to a cab after about 10 minutes. She did take some pics with folks and sign autographs as usual...

It was nice to meet you and put a name to a face Cool

quote:
Originally posted by kenny?:

It was great to finally meet some of you guys and I'm looking forward to hanging out at the next show or sooner (I moved to New York six months ago and have like two and a half friends.)

Kenny-

Any friend of kailee's is a friend of ours. But you still owe me lunch Wink Upon receipt of said lunch you may raise your total to 3 1/2 Wink

But seriously, it was nice to meet you. Thanks for the sharing the media. Hope to see you at the next show.

yay! kenny, i am at work so i have not watched the other videos besides ode to divorce and laughing with. but those two are incredible, as well as your photos. i'm happy for all of you that were there! also jealous, but luckily i'm a good sport for the most part. i'm also happy that your friend count has increased, but worried about the half a friend. were they involved in some horrible accident, or are they kind of a jerk half the time?

Smiler

george--next time i'm in new york--which i hope isn't too long from now and i REALLY hope is for something regina-related--we'll have to set up a fun lunchtime or other-meal diversion.