Sign in to follow this  
юля

Australian Tour?

quote:
Originally posted by peter pan:

Ok guys I've just got home from the awesome Brisbane gig.

Here's the setlist....she didn't play PLRB. I can't remember what replaced it....just gotta go through my audio recording...in the next week or so.

I'm off to Sydney on Tuesday to catch her two shows there so I'll try to record them as well.

bronxzoo044.jpg

Three more that weren't on the list

Summer in the City

Human of the Year

Music Box

and there's one more .........

Sorry for the (stupid) question, but is that the actual setlist Regina had? I didn't realise she used one...

That set list looks great, although there's about forty songs I'd also love to hear.

I'm seeing her tomorrow night, and I feel like I should be doing something to prepare, other than just listening to the records all day Cool

So I just got back from seeing her two shows at the Opera House in Sydney. Both were just stunning.

Here's a set list I got from the first Sydney show. Obviously it is the same as the one from Brisbane and also from the second Sydney gig. Most of the songs are constant she just changes a few around at each show.

bronxzoo045.jpg

Regina asked me to say hi to all the stixers for her.

quote:
Originally posted by peter pan:

So I just got back from seeing her two shows at the Opera House in Sydney. Both were just stunning.

Here's a set list I got from the first Sydney show. Obviously it is the same as the one from Brisbane and also from the second Sydney gig. Most of the songs are constant she just changes a few around at each show.

bronxzoo045.jpg

Regina asked me to say hi to all the stixers for her.

Oh, how wonderful! Did you meet her first or second night? What time did she come out?

Well, I just woke up - the morning after the night before, as they say, and this particular night before was one of the best nights of my life. What can I say - every expectation was met and even exceeded.

When my brain comes back into focus I'm going to write a proper review, but here are some highlights from my memories:

- About twenty of us waited after the gig to meet Reg - a few had to leave, unfortunately, but she came out at about 12:30. Everything in the videos and people's past comments were 100% true - she gave everybody as much time as they wanted, and only left when she was sure that everybody was happy. I didn't know what to say, beyond how beautiful the show was, and that I'd see her tomorrow - she seemed really happy and surprised about that. What a great, inspiring person she is!

- People always talk about the power of 'Apres Moi', but this performance was incredible - she changed into being a massive presence on stage during this, lighting up the room. I find it amazing how musicians can play the same song over and over and still find some amazing passion in it, but she certainly did.

- Sailor's Song was even more powerful than Apres Moi, which I was not expecting.

- Reg was in a good mood, but wasn't joking around very much (except for commenting that guitarists always get whistled at, which she couldn't understand: "guitarists and strippers" Big Grin

- Blue Lips was more beautiful than we have any right to expect it to be.

- I know that not every fan is totally up with every song, and every nuance of Reg's shows, but why would someone see a chair come out and be placed next to her, and her pick up a drumstick, and yell out "Real Love!" ConfusedBig Grin

- No 'Love You're A Whore', but 'Silly Eye Color Generalizations' more than made up for it - again, she didn't play it for laughs, but still had fun with it.

- Summer in the City could not have been more perfect ... OK, yes it could - but it's too much to ask audiences not to laugh just because she says the world 'cleavage' in one of her most serious songs.

- There were no major lyrics messups that I can remember (maybe a word here or there), and she played the wrong chord in Samson once, which she immediately corrected and then moved on.

- I hope someone recorded it, but the security was pretty hard-ass on it, telling people off in the first couple of songs for using their phone/video cameras. I tried to record the 'fan meeting' part, but my stupid recorder wouldn't work (it wasn't worth recording the show - my mp3 player doesn't record music well at all).

Although I'll barely be able to see her from my seats tonight, It will still be another great show, I'm sure!

Added:

Set list for 30/4:

Calculation

Eet

Folding Chair

Ode To Divorce

Machine

Laughing With

Two Birds

One More Time With Feeling

Blue Lips

Sailor Song

On The Radio

Intro/Dance Anthem

Silly Eye Color Generalizations

Bobbing For Apples

That Time

Apres Moi

Poor Little Rich Boy

Ballad Of A Politician

Human Of The Year

Summer In The City

Samson

Us

Fidelity

Hotel Song

@davidh

I was waiting outside last night as well!.I was the guy in the red jumper with three of my friends.

How cute is she in real life?! Big Grin