Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

Favorite Albums of 2010

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

When is Laura Marling's album coming out? I'm really excited to hear that one!

Also, I'm really liking The Bundles! It's a band made up of Kimya Dawson, Jeffery Lewis, Anders Griffen, and Jack Lewis. Their album came out this week. Fun songs. Smiler

March 22nd UK/Europe. I'm not sure when it will be available everywhere else. Amazon says March 23rd Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Lilly:

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

When is Laura Marling's album coming out? I'm really excited to hear that one!

Also, I'm really liking The Bundles! It's a band made up of Kimya Dawson, Jeffery Lewis, Anders Griffen, and Jack Lewis. Their album came out this week. Fun songs. Smiler

March 22nd UK/Europe. I'm not sure when it will be available everywhere else. Amazon says March 23rd Big Grin

Thank you! and... I actually just found this preview from her twitter page when I just went to add it..Big Grin

http://entertainment.timesonli...c/article7058679.ece

I have two albums clearly dated 2010 on the covers. Smiler

They haven't had too much impression on me, I just have signed copies, seen the artists LIVE and have videos of both artists LIVE & have created my own videos to help them along the way. Wink

Both artists have battled to get these albums out there, Beth Nielsen Chapman just overcame Breast Cancer & a Brain Tumour to get her first "commercial" album in SIX years on the shelves. Eeker

My favourite of the two albums has to be Beth's inspirational "Back To Love" but very close behind is Marcus Hummon's "ROSANNA"!. Roll Eyes

Here they are playing together, my favourite track from "Back To Love", namely "Even As It All Goes By". Cool

Here are Beth & Marcus singing my favourite track from "ROSANNA". Cool

Here is my own video of "Even As It All Goes By". Wink

Here is my video for "Bless The Broken Road":

I also have other videos of songs from the album live,

Here are also some other videos I created;

As you can tell, those two albums haven't had too much of an impact on me! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

What are your guys' favorite new albums of 2010? I know it's early, but....I'm curious. Smiler

Mine, for sure, is:

The Sea by Corinne Bailey Rae

She has made a major comeback. Wow, am I amazed with this album. It is a masterpiece, in my opinion. Smiler

You guys can give it a listen here:

http://www.corinnebaileyrae.ne...et/AlbumPreview.html

I like Corinne Bailey Rae anything. I learned her about the same time I was learning Regina. 2006-ish. So I have a special place for her. Of course it was Regina that did the skyrocket thing to my heart, but I do feel that Corinne Bailey Rae is definitely a unique and wonderful talent. I don't have the new album, but I've watched a few of the new songs on You Tube and have seen her on all the recent talk shows. She'll always be good.

quote:
Originally posted by LittleVoice:

I just checked out Fang Island;

I'll stick with Beth Nielsen Chapman & Marcus Hummon! Wink

Haha, to each his own, I really enjoyed that link you provided though.

is the track I'm stuck on currently. Good stuff (to me anyway Wink)

Edit: Yeah, how can you hate these guys when they're giving concerts for kindergarteners? Brilliant.

So far it's definitely The Family Jewels by Marina and the Diamonds. It's scary how much I can relate to her songs!

I just cannot wait to hear Kate Nash's and Kerli's new albums. Smiler