Reginaoverdose

Quotes by Regina.

i feel the same way..i'm afraid because they don't like most of the things i do..and i got used to the criticism when it comes to those things- i don't mind it..but how can anyone not like Regina...i let my dad listen to a couple of songs..first impression was: she's weird..and then when i got to music box he actually enjoyed it and said she's got a cute voiceSmiler..my mom doesn't have a clue about what music i listen to..and hopefully i'll keep it that waySmiler)

"IN. Broke in the code. Okay you have three seconds."

~ Backstage SNL interview

here

"You know what, you're not gonna make me cry! I'm a tough girl from The Bronx"

~CBS special

"I think in some ways I am more idealistic politically than many of my American friends, who were born here. I have an immigrant’s America—and so I’m lucky—it’s a different kind of love. You can still be critical, but you have more perspective than someone who is born here. So you just smile and listen to your people talk about how they are not free at some party. While they blast whatever music they want, smoke pot, watch any documentary, read any book, write any article, wear any statement, take any class, travel to any country—and don’t get shipped to Siberia, or a labor camp, or taken out back and shot the next day... Yeah, everything is relative."

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

"I went up to Sonia and asked her, 'Can you be my teacher?' and she said, 'Of course,'" Spektor recalls. "She ended up being my teacher until I was 17. The Japanese have a proverb: whenever the student is ready, the teacher appears. In a lot of ways, that's how my life has been, there's been this kind of harmony with things -- I wrote a few songs, then someone heard me and offered me a show; I decided I was ready to tour and then I went on tour with the Strokes. It makes you live your whole life differently. You can't just sit around, getting angry because you think you're ready. If you were really ready, things would be happening."

Those last two sentences have been posted on my bedroom wall next to the light switch for the past 2.5 years, always reminding me to relax, because when the time is right, things will happen.

Full bio- HERE

I agree. I have a significant portion of that quote posted on my facebook and it appeals to me as an actor and just as a person. I believe in it so much and it hit me as soon as I read it. One of the best quotes she has said in my opinion

quote:
Originally posted by tallchick:

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

"I went up to Sonia and asked her, 'Can you be my teacher?' and she said, 'Of course,'" Spektor recalls. "She ended up being my teacher until I was 17. The Japanese have a proverb: whenever the student is ready, the teacher appears. In a lot of ways, that's how my life has been, there's been this kind of harmony with things -- I wrote a few songs, then someone heard me and offered me a show; I decided I was ready to tour and then I went on tour with the Strokes. It makes you live your whole life differently. You can't just sit around, getting angry because you think you're ready. If you were really ready, things would be happening."

Those last two sentences have been posted on my bedroom wall next to the light switch for the past 2.5 years, always reminding me to relax, because when the time is right, things will happen.

Full bio- HERE

I agree. I have a significant portion of that quote posted on my facebook and it appeals to me as an actor and just as a person. I believe in it so much and it hit me as soon as I read it. One of the best quotes she has said in my opinion

I didn't even realize Regina had said something like that, but someone once told me years and years ago that we're not prepared to handle things till they happen. That's why we're sometimes scared of upcoming events, because we don't yet have the tools to conquer them. It's something I've never forgotten and that's always been a comfort to me, so I love that Regina thinks similarly.