Reginaoverdose

Quotes by Regina.

I loves me some Regina quotes! Big Grin Thanks for posting quotes guys. I shall also add some if I think of any that haven't been posted yet. Smiler

People grow up and they forget how hard it is to be a teenager and everybody’s sort talking to you like you’re an adult and they want you to answer what you’re gonna do with your life and if the answer you’ve been saying since you were 6 all of the suddenly somewhere inside your heart changes, you have to deal with the pain everytime anyone says ‘So, what are you gonna be when you grow up?’ and you said ‘Classical pianist’ as long as you can remember and you don’t feel that anymore, that’s really, really hard. I don’t think there was like a day, or a moment, but it was just this creeping, horror of realization like ‘I’m not good enough to do this’ and it was just coming at me

"We are all lucky that we can’t see the future, because if we did, we’d never be care free... We’d treasure everything and everyone too much. The knowledge of loss would anchor us at all times, chain us to each other, and we’d all be stuck together, motionless for all time..."

:'( Omg this is so true. Just the way she can put things into words... things that I often think about but can't. *sigh*

Of course she has said lots of wonderful thing, but the one I always go back to is what she said on the famous Sunday Morning Bio that I'm sure we've all seen a hundred times. The interviewer says to her - "you like to play around, don't you?' She says - "yea, I do. Why not?". Not a big reply words wise, but it said soooo much. That attitude is exactly why she did what she did with music. That attitude is exactly why we have the Regina we do. She's sho shmart. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

“You don’t get a medal at the end for being an adult."

LIKE. Regina is awesome (obvious statement).

I saw an awesome little interview clip on youtube one time where Regina went off about how people can get too conscious of their outward appearance, how '... their music has to match what they read, and their books has to match their clothes, and their clothes have to match their friends,' or something like that. (NOT a direct quote.) I thought it was genius. But when I looked for it later, I couldn't find it. Did anybody else see that clip? Is it still out there, somewhere?

"No matter how much someone loves a song, can relate to it, or feel it no one will ever know the song more than the artist who wrote it." - I LOVE it! Smiler

“Literally, you touch a note, and you can’t sound bad on it. Like, you could be five years old and you touch a note and it rings out and it makes all of humanity’s sins forgiven. It’s just that good.”

-- Regina on Steinway concert grand pianos. Source.

It's like asking 'why bother to pray'? A lot of it is for yourself. A lot of it is internal. It's more for yourself to feel like you are being represented.

-- Regina on why voting is important.

"Suppose I never ever… something. Suppose I never ever another thing! Suppose I kept on… something. Something else!"

-- Regina after she forgets the lyrics to Fidelity.

If you get enslaved by your own insecurities or society or things that you've been taught or any kind of thing, if you don't stay free, then no one's going to congratulate you. You don't get a prize at the end for going through life in a proper way. It's just going to be your loss.

-- Regina on what is important to her in life.

Just as it's natural for someone to have faith, it's just as natural for someone to not have faith, and for those two entities to just let each other be.

-- Regina on whether she is religious.

“Hi, this is Regina Spektor, and I guess the question now is what bums me out. So there’s a lot of stuff that bums me out, but the one that comes to mind is when the temperature drops in New York City and there’s a lot of dead birds on the street, and you keep on finding them and they freeze. I used to bury them a lot but now with the bird flu thing, I can’t so much, so that bums me out. The dead birds and the fact I can’t bury them anymore. For fear of death.”

-- Regina on what bums her out. Source.

The world is ruled by itself.

-- Regina on "who rules the world".

Sometimes I’m sarcastic about it, and sometimes I’m in awe. Sometimes I feel very connected, and sometimes I feel angry at it. I don’t have a stance or a manifesto about any of it, but I’m perpetually looking at it differently, like a kaleidoscope.

-- Regina on faith and religion. Source.

"Mother, girlfriend. Same difference for this guy!"

-- Regina after messing up on Poor Little Rich Boy.

Well, a revolution is a closed curve. So in the true sense of the actual word, you come all the way around. That's a full revolution. You go exactly back to where you started. It's typical human stuff to try and make a revolution, because we just want to fix the problem right away. We want one drastic thing. And revolutions are very bloody, they're very messy, and usually at the moment the oppressed overthrow the oppressor, the oppressed become the oppressors and the next oppressed exists. So I think that, better than a revolution, we should just gently steer things into a proper course, so we don't accidentally revolve all the way and start at the same point that it's been.

-- Regina on what would make her start a revolution.

"I've been thinking a lot about space. It was one of those slow-motion realizations how little we are, how far we are from everything else in our solar system. This idea of distance started kind of haunting me. How do you go forth and accomplish things but not end up leaving everything you started out with in the dust?"

-- Regina on the title of "Far". Source.