Sign in to follow this  
LittleVoice

Volcanic Ash Cloud Over Europe

As no-one seems to have picked up on this phenomenon that I posted about in the Dar Williams Thread, I thought it important enough to raise a New Thread. Wink

Almost all Planes were grounded yesterday in the UK, due to the danger to Jet Engines from a Ginormous Cloud of Volcanic Ash & Glass Particles emanating from Iceland! Eeker

There were some benefits though, in my Garden Valley in Deepest Sussex, where I could hear the Birds Singing without interruption from droning Jet Engines every couple of minutes and the Sunset last evening was quite lovely. Roll Eyes

DSC00415-1-1.jpg

DSC00451-1.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

As no-one seems to have picked up on this phenomenon that I posted about in the Dar Williams Thread, I thought it important enough to raise a New Thread. Wink

Almost all Planes were grounded yesterday in the UK, due to the danger to Jet Engines from a Ginormous Cloud of Volcanic Ash & Glass Particles emanating from Iceland! Eeker

There were some benefits though, in my Garden Valley in Deepest Sussex, where I could hear the Birds Singing without interruption from droning Jet Engines every couple of minutes and the Sunset last evening was quite lovely. Roll Eyes

DSC00415-1-1.jpg

DSC00451-1.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

^^ Tee-hee exploiting nature can be fun!

I wouldn't be happy to be one of those people stuck waiting for a flight, but, hey, what can you do?

I always feel guilty about not checking out your music recommendations, LittleVoice, but my internet service doesn't allow me to do too much media streaming.

A lot of people I know where planning on going abroad this week, but well that never happened.

I have one friend stuck in Tunisia and he should be in school tomorrow. Our principal was not happy that he wanted last week off, and now he's gonna miss even more...

And I have to friends stuck in Jordan in the Middle East...

Airports are closed in all of sweden. Or I think one 200 miles away from where I live is open. yayy..

The Volcanic Ash Crisis goes on over here in the UK, but Simple Soul that I am, as I have taken Videos every day since the Icelandic Eruption & seen the brightest, bluest skies, I wonder where this Dust Cloud is as I have seen more Dust under my Bed to be honest! Wink

One amazing reaction has been the number of hits on this Video that I captured the Morning after the Main Eruption! Eeker

I have been known to get a tad passionate about things of beauty, such as Regina, Cara Dillon & Daffodils. Smiler

My Passion for the latter culminated in this Video, inspired by an Album I bought at The Oxford Town Hall, where I went to see Cara Dillon live last Saturday, namely "The Dance of the Demon Daffodils". Cool

Seeing the Serried Ranks of the massed Daffodils & Narcissi in that Video is lovely & amazing, but get in close & you will see real beauty. Roll Eyes

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

My professor is stuck in Canada so he cancelled class on thursday, making it the third thursday in a row he's cancelled class for some reason or another. Thanks for that ash! But a lot of people I know are stuck in random places around Europe and running out of money :/