Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Death threat against South Park creators about depicting Allah

Do you mean you think Muslims should get a thicker skin, or that you think these individuals should?

I haven't seen the episode, so I can't comment specifically, but I do think that religious beliefs should be taken seriously. On the other side, though, the option of ignoring those who persecute and ridicule you is always present (though often difficult). It's obviously a complicated issue. Bottom line, though: No one claiming to live by religious codes should be able to, in good conscience, threaten to kill someone.

It's actually written in their holy book that unbelievers should be killed. I can't remember if it's when they refuse to convert or what, but there are certainly religions that call for murder.

Sorry if i misrepresented... this is all based on some half-baked research i did in 8th grade haha ... Aah, home schooling....

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

It's actually written in their holy book that unbelievers should be killed. I can't remember if it's when they refuse to convert or what, but there are certainly religions that call for murder.

Sorry if i misrepresented... this is all based on some half-baked research i did in 8th grade haha ... Aah, home schooling....

erm yeah... no. haha. sorry.

sure, under sharia law (thats what islamic theocracies are based on, the law in the koran) many crimes are punishable by death. the same is true for judaism-because guess what, judaism christianity and islam all come from the same root. also, "honor killings" among family members are sometimes overlooked under more extreme forms of sharia law. but killing unbelievers is generally a misinterpretation of the phrase "jihad" which translates to "holy war." muslims generally accept this as a symbolic phrase referring to a person's internal struggle- but of course there are always extremists that twist the meaning of the text.

i'm not an expert on any of this by any means, but murder of unbelievers is not condoned by islam as far as i know. just thought i would throw that out there. Smiler

what you probably need to get is that

these ancient holy books are silly,

to say the least, and can be dangerous

in the wrong hands. all three of them:

the jesus books, the jewish books,

and the muslim books. when people base

their reality on things that aren't real,

things can get ugly sometimes. the clowns from

south park should take their money and their

bodyguards and go hang out in journal square

in jersey city for a few days, and talk.

say, hey, we're joking. anyone have a problem

with that? let's talk. make a real publicity

stunt out of the whole thing. i'd be sympathetic

to them if i thought they made good art.