Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Death threat against South Park creators about depicting Allah

quote:
I don't understand why there aren't more missing links around? Upstanding apes,

Briana please do an internet search, or go to a museum of natural history.

Australopithicus Afarensis was a bipedal ape. There are numerous transitional fossils/species in human evolution.

quote:
i've seen so many religious/atheist discussions get out of hand *cough* youtube *cough* with name calling and all that.

XD YouTube is like 95% idiot. I seldom see an intelligent comment on YouTube about religion on either side of the debate.

^^ Glad your back! Smiler Oh and I edited my post in response to your critique of Evolution and provided a link to something important.

^^thanks for the link Smiler i'm reading up on more modern publications... i've also found an aweful lot of quotes from evolutionists that essentially say that evolution, as we understand it, is all speculation, trying to force observation to fit with assumptions.

My conclusion from what i'm reading: rather than admitting that they don't want to believe in a god, they try to pass off their shaky theories as reliable.

Quote: 'Biologists would dearly like to know how modern apes, modern humans and the various ancestral hominids have evolved from a common ancestor. Unfortunately, the fossil record is somewhat incomplete as far as the hominids are concerned, and it is all but blank for the apes. The best we can hope for is that more fossils will be found over the next few years which will fill the present gaps in the evidence.' ... 'David Pilbeam comments wryly, "If you brought in a smart scientist from another discipline and showed him the meagre evidence we've got he'd surely say, 'forget it: there isn't enough to go on'."

...i still don't see objectivity, and i think that you can agree that when it is applied, it seems to point out, of not the falsity, the sheer lack of evidence for evolution... Evolution is the new catholic church as far as science goes.

Don't contradict it, or you're an idiot. Don't believe there's no a god, or you're a follower of satan in denial.

Just my speculation. and, just so you know, i'm seeing tons of weighted, faulty rebuttal from creationists. i'm doing my best to be objective, and research from both sides

P.S. sorry for any typos--my hands are freezing, and the keyboard at my house sucks Frowner

EDIT: while i read about the Cyclic Model, could you explain the law of entropy as it applies to evolution?

EDIT 2: i can answer a couple of problems you pointed out about the design of our world: you can't judge a design to be faulty unless you know and understand the reasoning behind its design. Yes, we're on a collision course. This isn't proof that we were not designed, it just means that we were designed on a collision course. So what? The Bible says that this world is fleeting, that it will be destroyed, and a new order will come about. It doesn't say that everything will go on peacefully forever.

About the verses you're quoting: you haven't disputed my interpretation, you've only taken more verses (probably still out of context) to support your take on it.. Not to mention: i'm working with the original language, while you're working with an interpretation that you don't even believe to be accurate to the original text.

^^ Again, there are numerous transtional fossils in the fossil record when it comes to human Evolution. A new transtitional species was just discovered last month: Australopithicus Sediba

Check out this cool interactive timeline!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/b...human-evolution.html

How do you contend with these fossils?

To determine whether anything about the chemical processes of life violates the second law of thermodynamics requires looking at all the process on an individual basis. If there is no violation in the absorption of sunlight, or in any subsequent reactions, then there cannot be any violation of the second law as the net sum of such reactions (see the previous section on scaling). I am not personally aware of any such individual spots where the second law is violated. In fact, the second law is about as close as science comes to having sacrosanct laws. Any violations of this law that were discovered anywhere, no matter how small they were, would be very big news.

copied from: http://www.dctech.com/physics/...es/old/evolution.php

Back it up: you're talking biology, but i meant the origins of our universe.

Order goes to disorder, right? So why, after a random explosion, and billions and billions of years, is science measurable? Why can we even understand the world around us to the degree that we do, however limited that understanding is?

we can't go from goo to people, societies, and morals through creatures which eat their young on a moment's notice without defying the concept of order giving way disorder, and never the other way around.

The level of order that we currently observe requires a beginning that is even more ordered than what we are observing. Never have we observed disorder becoming orderly, except maybe in the bible, when a miracle is performed (Moses splitting the sea, for instance). but without a miracle, animals don't learn morals. life (requiring an intricate balance of these supposedly random proteins) cannot come about unless it has come from life.

I don't remember who-- Good > Perfect, perhaps (sorry if i got that wrong!) pointed out that life from God's breath is just the same as life from disorder. Well, no, because life's beginnings were a miracle, started by an infinitely complex being with a perfect understanding of how we work, and where we're headed. God's breath was not random, and it was not order from disorder. It was a decision that i may never understand, but that i do not deny for that lack of undestanding.

Meh, we're jumping around a lot in our topic of discussion (very much my fault, i will assume-- i do that all the time. my brain moves faster than i can talk haha) but i don't want to drop the discussion of morals:

quote:
Thats a point I should make in my case. God just forgot to give them a conscience?

actually, man is inherrently evil--wanting to believe lies, and selfish. This means that, while the bible acknowledges our understanding of right and wrong, it also points out that we are predisposed to defy it. Something not accounted for in your worldview.

quote:
Anyways I think deep down, everyone feels guilty after murder. They may not show it but they are.

can you prove that? because there's so much evidence to the contrary, it's staggering that you call yourself a scientist. Razzer

quote:
I think deep down, every person who kills feels guilt. They will a lot of the times try and make up some excuse that there killing is justified, one of the excuses sometimes being a religious one.

and other times (i'd venture to say: most times), it's not. I agree that most people who kill probably feel guilt... but many don't. I don't care about your ideology or your state of mind, there isn't justification for taking arms against another person (unless you know them the way you know yourself). Refer back to my quote earler, from the French colonizer. if you want to assume that deep, deep down he felt guilty, then go ahead. But obviously natural selection did a crappy job as far as the effectiveness of guilt. what good does it do if such a highly evolved creature can experience such joy from killing those of its own species?