Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Death threat against South Park creators about depicting Allah

quote:
Nothing in the Bible even implies that there is a reward for mass murder. Those people are delusional.

There is no commandment against slavery, very common at the time, and there is no commandment against genocide, why is this? Because in the next chapter the so called children of this God are going to be ordered to commit genocide against the amalekites and moabites, and there gonna be ordered to enslave them. All in the name of God.

quote:
There is nothing in the Bible to imply that setting fire to someone else's property is okay. So why would you blame God for these actions?

There are verses in the Bible that are against abortion, and they did it in the name of Religion.

The crusades were enacted very specifically to seize control of the Holy Land. It is pretty obvious that those wars were because of Christianity.

quote:
Don't blame Christianity for the actions of maniacs.

It is Christianity that made them maniacs. That is why I blame Religion.

quote:
Because the original text of the Bible refers to God in a male form

Not surprising. There are sexist verses in the Bible too if I am not mistaken, and women were not of high status when the bible was written. We were very sexist back then.

sexist statements in the holy bible?

i'll try and paraphrase from memory,

what's left of it.

for a woman to speak at a church meeting

is a disgrace - the new testament

if a woman commits adultery, stone

the life out of her.

if a man commits adultery,

make him give the girls father

50 shekels of silver - the old testament

don't quote me, hold me to translations, or tell jesus or jehovah i was talking about them.

^^ 1 Corinthians 14:34-Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak

I feel like we're getting nowhere--i keep having to reiterate my point about the old testament killings, and you keep bringing up different examples of the same things. So let's back up, please?

About the old testament: can we agree that the people God wiped out were deserving of this treatment? That, even though they knew, from their own sensibilities, as well as from God's explicit orders, that murdering babies was wrong? Do you think God was wrong to wipe them out? Or should they have kept killing fetuses? (fetus'? feti?)

God only killed when a people made it clear that they would keep committing attrocities in His face, no matter what. They could not have been reached, and they were mass-murdering infants. I'm not a fan of genocide, unless the nation is committing genocide.

quote:
The crusades were enacted very specifically to seize control of the Holy Land. It is pretty obvious that those wars were because of Christianity.

Just because the wars were started over christianity doesn't mean christianity is to blame for the wars!

We have wars over oil. Does that make oil evil? Do we blame the oil for the killings? Obviously not. In the same way that oil is not inherrently evil, neither is Chrsitianity. Find a verse in the new testament that orders christians to attack people? To set fire to buildings? To start wars, or to speak with intollerance. There aren't any. We are to display love and patience.

Some people get carried away with the concept of justifiable murder, and forget the part where it's not okay for them to just go around killing people.

Please don't make the point that God killed people again, becuase i've already explained that at the beginning.

quote:
Not surprising. There are sexist verses in the Bible too if I am not mistaken, and women were not of high status when the bible was written. We were very sexist back then

Hmmm.... or, maybe as far as can be explained, God is male. Regardless of social norms and customs. you're approaching the Bible as if it were written by a couple of guys who wanted to tell stories. Instead, understand that it's a manifestation of God, or at least a kind of manual to how He works. Not surprising that the One who exists outside of time, or even the concept of existance (as we understand it) might be a little bit difficult for us to understand, especially from the moral standpoint of our modern society. Smiler

(just because women were silent in the church doesn't mean they were less important than men. According to the Bible, "Women are to be reverred (sp?), and respected ... The husband's body does not belong to him, but to his wife." Then, after that, it goes on to say that the woman's body, in the same way, is not her own, but belongs to her husband. Things were fairly even back then. There were things women weren't supposed to do, like lead a church, or handle church funds, but that's more about keeping order than suppressing women. Just sayin'.)

i read a quarter of your reply. oh bo shit.

god didn't only kill people who did abominable

things; there are many instances of god killing

thousands of people for simply being in the

wrong army. how about where he killed

the kids for making fun of the bald man?

made a she-bear come out of the woods

and do his dirty work. book of judges was it?

take your bible and please, put in on a shelf

where hardly anyone can see it. and ponder this:

if there's a god, which i believe there is,

it never killed anything. it creates

the power of life itself, in love.

i don't have any books to back

this information up, i thought it up myself long ago.

God rose up against people who were first against Him. "Simply being in the wrong army" is no excuse, because God made us all with a conscience, which guides us in moral issues. In light of this, i think something might just flare up in the hearts of those who took to war against God, don't you?

I will never "put away the Bible where no one can see it", and i don't think that's a fair thing for you to say. I have my faith, and you have yours. I won't tell you to stop worshipping this "made-up" god of yours, and i will not stop serving my god. i can respect your views, and would like very much if you could return the favor.

Gosh I am putting a lot of effort into my response to your latest reply of my post Briana.....its taking forever! Almost done. Smiler

quote:
About the old testament: can we agree that the people God wiped out were deserving of this treatment? That, even though they knew, from their own sensibilities, as well as from God's explicit orders, that murdering babies was wrong? Do you think God was wrong to wipe them out? Or should they have kept killing fetuses? (fetus'? feti?)

All I am saying is that it is very hypocritical for God, the one who wrote the ten commandments, with one of them being against murder, to turn around and do it himself. But, The Bible is all over the place. You can find some verses going against murder and some supporting it. Again, we pick and choose verses on the basis of a modern moral sense which has evolved for secular reasons.

quote:
Just because the wars were started over christianity doesn't mean christianity is to blame for the wars!

We have wars over oil. Does that make oil evil? Do we blame the oil for the killings? Obviously not. In the same way that oil is not inherrently evil, neither is Chrsitianity.

The wars were started over Christianity, that means that if Christianity never existed, that war would have never happened.

You can't call oil evil, you just can't, it is a substance. Doctrines can be evil though. The two are totally different things. The other reason why I blame Christianity and not oil is because you can get rid of Religion. You can't get rid of oil, you just physically can't. And if you could, you still couldn't because it is an important resource and is needed in economies. You could get rid of Religion and humanity would move on just fine, even better in my opinion.

quote:
Find a verse in the new testament that orders christians to attack people? To set fire to buildings? To start wars, or to speak with intollerance. There aren't any. We are to display love and patience.

Acts 3, chapter 3, verse 23:And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

And thats not the half of it.

quote:
Just because women were silent in the church doesn't mean they were less important than men.

I knew I should have quoted what followed..... "for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

That means that it is not disgraceful for men to speak in church, but women. Last time I checked that is putting women below men......