Sign in to follow this  
a jelly or a jam

Regina's Radiohead Cover on iTunes this tuesday!

quote:
Originally posted by eshbach:

As everyone has said, this is quite a lovely cover, and it very much reminds me of Christopher O'Riley's cover of the same song... O'Riley's is more graceful (if you can believe that), but then his is instrumental and as good a pianist as he is, it's hard to compete with Regina's vocals.

Christopher O'Riley is incredible and his covers are epic and brilliant.

I just listened to the Regina cover. It's nice, but I would rather listen to the original by Radiohead. I also happen to like a cover of this song by Eliza Lumley more than Regina's.

Well, Regina's is still nice.

quote:
Originally posted by Hatchet:

Glad to meet another fan. I have 4 of his recent CDs (the two Radiohead cover albums, the Nick Drake album, and the Elliot Smith album). I haven't picked up "Out of My Hands" yet, have you heard it?

I had never heard of the guy until I saw him open for The Bad Plus at Princeton a few years ago. It was pretty funny because I was taking a friend of mine who plays the piano and I was raving the whole way there about how Ethan Iverson (of The Bad Plus) would be the most amazing pianist she'd ever seen... and then Chris O'Riley comes out and plays "Airbag"... I was floored.

I hate iTunes.

It won't let me download from the Swedish or US sites having a UK account.

I'm more than happy to pay for the track especially as it's for charity but have had to download it from elsewhere.

Very much enjoyed the song though

Dave

quote:
Originally posted by eshbach:

quote:
Originally posted by Hatchet:

Glad to meet another fan. I have 4 of his recent CDs (the two Radiohead cover albums, the Nick Drake album, and the Elliot Smith album). I haven't picked up "Out of My Hands" yet, have you heard it?

I had never heard of the guy until I saw him open for The Bad Plus at Princeton a few years ago. It was pretty funny because I was taking a friend of mine who plays the piano and I was raving the whole way there about how Ethan Iverson (of The Bad Plus) would be the most amazing pianist she'd ever seen... and then Chris O'Riley comes out and plays "Airbag"... I was floored.

Yeah I own the Radiohead cover albums and I have a bunch of tracks from the Nick Drake, Elliot Smith, and Out of my Hands albums. I don't remember how I found out about O'Riley...probably just browsing Amazon.com one day. But I definitely bought the first Radiohead cover album shortly after it came out. Chris O'Riley helped me through college. That was my first year and his music was part of the soundtrack for those years. My favorite tracks he has done are "Let Down" "True Love Waits" "Fake Plastic Trees" "Videotape" "Us and Them" "Not Half Right" and "Gagging Order". They're all great though.

It's amazing how much Radiohead gets covered.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave_Beer:

I hate iTunes.

It won't let me download from the Swedish or US sites having a UK account.

I'm more than happy to pay for the track especially as it's for charity but have had to download it from elsewhere.

Very much enjoyed the song though

Dave

Finally available on UK itunes! Smiler

It's a bit annoying that we had to wait so long.

And this will surely have affected sales, as people were able to hear it elsewhere for free, so disappointing for the charity too.

I'm off to buy it right now.

Man oh man does she seem happy in this interview. Wonder why. Is it Australia? Or maybe she's just feeling good. Is it just me, or does more times then not does she not seem like she feels very good. Not that she's sickly, but it seems like sometimes she doesn't always feel the best. Maybe some personal little inside thing we don't know. I don't know, maybe I'm completely wrong. I watch her so often, I feel like I can kind of tell when she's not feeling very well. Anyway, not a fun subject, sorry. What I really want to say is, how great is this interview! What she says about Avatar is priceless. And she is just on her game. Says the F word straight out. Love it. I don't know, she just seems giggly and really happy on this. Just bottom line is that after 4 years now I still can't stop gushing over her. And her version of the Radiohead song. The girl just has a magic touch.

So I've been disgustingly busy lately, with literally no time do anything but work work work.

But I was guilt tripped into driving my grandmother and cousin 5 hours to my house to see my brother in a play this Saturday. On the way back today I had the radio on (XMU) but very low because my grandma doesn't like music (crazy, right?). So the top 15 download playlists start and I'm vaguely hearing something that's ringing a cord with me so I strain my ears to hear it.

The following is my brain processing what I'm listening to: oh a Radiohead cover sweet!, from OK Computer too, good taste this person has, God she has a nice voice, wait didn't Alicia say something on Facebook about Regina doing a Radiohead cover, aesfhoiawhfouawehriegg, ok ok don't freak out don't freak out don't scare your grandmother.

So yes, I love it, I'm happy. Smiler