Sign in to follow this  
a jelly or a jam

Regina's Radiohead Cover on iTunes this tuesday!

I knew about the live one, but it was certainly ok to watch it again. Smiler I might like Radio Head better if she did a cover of all there songs. They get so much fuss and I just don't like them that much. I have a real open mind about music otherwise I wouldn't like Regina. But Radiohead is just ok. Anybody agree? (not counting 'Creep' of course. That's brilliant) Although I haven't heard every song, so maybe I'm being unfair.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

I knew about the live one, but it was certainly ok to watch it again. Smiler I might like Radio Head better if she did a cover of all there songs. They get so much fuss and I just don't like them that much. I have a real open mind about music otherwise I wouldn't like Regina. But Radiohead is just ok. Anybody agree? (not counting 'Creep' of course. That's brilliant) Although I haven't heard every song, so maybe I'm being unfair.

Actually, the general consensus among most Radiohead fans is that Creep is decent but nothing even close to their later material as far brilliance.

Here's one of my favorites (from OK Computer, their most critically acclaimed album, released 4 years later):

'The Tourist'. I listened to it. Do you want me to be honest or lie? Just kiddin', I'll be honest. Smiler Kinda whiny. I really liked the guitar towards the end. But I had to minimize half way through. I can't watch the dude sing. He's like Michael Stipes from REM. He sings like his father beat him for years. Paul McCartney loves them. Regina loves them. What am I not getting? Got anything else?

I love Radiohead and I got so freaking excited when I knew that Regina covered 'No Surprises' which is one of my favorites from "Ok Computer" (one of the best albums ever made from my point of view). I hope some day Regina follows Amanda Palmer's example and covers some more songs of them...I would go crazy if she would chose "Let Down", "Paranoid Android" or "Lucky"!

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

'The Tourist'. I listened to it. Do you want me to be honest or lie? Just kiddin', I'll be honest. Smiler Kinda whiny. I really liked the guitar towards the end. But I had to minimize half way through. I can't watch the dude sing. He's like Michael Stipes from REM. He sings like his father beat him for years. Paul McCartney loves them. Regina loves them. What am I not getting? Got anything else?

Hmmm... well Thom Yorke sings with falsetto a lot which is kind of his signature thing. I think if you listen to the lyrics you'll find they aren't all that whiny. Try the title track from their previous album, The Bends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrLE3yBn2Nw

My Mom recommended Radiohead to me a couple weeks ago and I've been listening ever since. My personal favorites right now are Pyramid Song; I highly recommend it, followed closely by No Surprises. I really like Radiohead. A lot.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

My Mom recommended Radiohead to me a couple weeks ago and I've been listening ever since. My personal favorites right now are Pyramid Song; I highly recommend it, followed closely by No Surprises. I really like Radiohead. A lot.

I wish my mom was cool enough to recommend me Radiohead Big Grin