Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MusicLover_2007

Why does Lily Allen suck?

17 posts in this topic

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

She's okay. I'm not really a fan, but I did like 'The Fear'.

Dude - you have NO taste. You obviously have drunk the Lily Allen kool-aid. You are hopeless. Destroy your CD collection NOW and never come near a music forum again.

Hey, don't hate. Appreciate.

Live up to your username.

If it makes you feel better, I've been listening to Lily Allen all day whilst cleaning the house and cooking in anticipation of guests and again right now.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

Oh so you assign musical value to "fuck off" political statements. Sorry but I'm in it solely for hard musical content, not bullshit fluff that is Lily Allen.

I'm sorry, I think art with a message has more value than uninspired catchy nonsense (aka bs fluff) that was created with the sole intention to make a quick buck. I like art with a message whether it's social commentary or criticism of culture or the political system. That is not to say that I'm casting judgment or disapproval on pop songs with a nice hook and other bubblegum material, which can be entertaining, but a lot of the time, I find myself listening to things that have a really good message behind them. The works of art (whether it be literature, film, art, music) I hold in the highest esteem are ones that offer something insightful. Art has long served as a vehicle for delivering critique of culture in an engaging manner. Religious imagery has also been long used in art.

I guess it's a matter of preference in the end, so to borrow a Latin expression, de gustibus - whatever you like.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

She's okay. I'm not really a fan, but I did like 'The Fear'.

Dude - you have NO taste. You obviously have drunk the Lily Allen kool-aid. You are hopeless. Destroy your CD collection NOW and never come near a music forum again.

Are you so insecure about people listening to artists that you don't like that you feel compelled to tell them to burn their music collection? Do you ever feel shame for playing the town fool? Do you ever feel alone because you have little or no company that shares your point of view? Does it bother you that some people just have different musical tastes than you? Do you ever get tired or feel sick of being so negative and hateful all the time?

I think it's you who should steer away from music forums. I think you should go back to RedState or FreeRepublic, please. If you aim to stick around, act a little more kindly to everyone, yeah? Be, or try to be, a bit more friendlier. Otherwise, if you're going to continue being a troll, at least be an effective one. I'm tired of your insincere one-liner trollbaits. Have the decency to fully lay out your line of argument. Show a little more passion for the art of trolling.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

Are you so insecure about people listening to artists that you don't like that you feel compelled to tell them to burn their music collection? Do you ever feel shame for playing the town fool? Do you ever feel alone because you have little or no company that shares your point of view? Does it bother you that some people just have different musical tastes than you? Do you ever get tired or feel sick of being so negative and hateful all the time?

I think it's you who should steer away from music forums. I think you should go back to RedState or FreeRepublic, please. If you aim to stick around, act a little more kindly to everyone, yeah? Be, or try to be, a bit more friendlier. Otherwise, if you're going to continue being a troll, at least be an effective one. I'm tired of your insincere one-liner trollbaits. Have the decency to fully lay out your line of argument. Show a little more passion for the art of trolling.

>>mfw he's not troll

zoolander.jpg

Damn.....She just sold the fuck out doing that song with T-Pain. Why?! How could any amount of money bring you to stoop that low as an artist?! Oh well....We still have Regina. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

Damn.....She just sold the fuck out doing that song with T-Pain. Why?! How could any amount of money bring you to stoop that low as an artist?! Oh well....We still have Regina. Smiler

There are dozens of other singer/songwriters who have not sold out.