Sign in to follow this  
lovely little melodies

so apparently being original makes you a freak?

quote:
As said of course, we're always here, and we love Regina and we love you. So no worries =]

I've only been on this website for about 2 days and I can already say that everyone on here is awesome. Thanks @ everyone who gave advice and are dealing/dealt with the same problem. Ahhh doesn't it feel good to vent? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

Dude! You and I are the same age! Eeker I didn't know that.

Well hello, I'm the same age as both of you too Smiler

I'm just going to back up what everyone has said already. 14 is not the best age to be (at least it wasn't for me Razzer), but as the years go on, you'll notice everyone becomes more secure with themselves and in turn, more open to everyone else. If it really starts to become a bother, let your friends know how you feel about the situation and talk it through.

And be happy you're different Big Grin so many other people appreciate that, even if your friends don't.

Good luck! I hope things turn out well.

Everyone who is still in high school:

I started getting into regina when I was in 9th grade as well. I took a lot of crap for the music I listened to and how I dressed and acted. That's just high school. Once you get to college, no one cares. Actually, people think it's cool if you do your own thing.

So keep on keepin' on and fuck everyone else...um...not literally of course. Be yourself and don't worry about what other people think. In a few years, none of it will matter anyways.

Hey everyone ...

Awww, it's good to experience, listen, watch, feel, touch all kinds of things. It does not depend on your age. That's how we must always be, all life long: curious.

I think there will always be someone who says: oh no, I don't do this, I don't like this, and judge the way you look, the way you move, the way you dress, ...

Anyways, let go, let go all of this. You like Regina, you listen to Regina, and that's great: the only thing that matters is that it brings YOU something. :-)

Hmmmmm. This seems like a typical high schooler problem but for some odd reason I have never gone through this! I wear Regina all the time at school and am very open about my Reginitis and my popularity has not gone down at all. Which is surprising since everyone is obsessed with Lil' Wayne where I live. Guess it is a weird Oklahoma thing. Anyways, those kids who are not "approving" of what you like are not being real friends. Real friends accept you for who you are, and you are supposed to be yourself around them. I would honestly not want anything to do with them if they are going to judge you for something as silly as your taste in music. Your best bet might be waiting for people to mature. But do what ever makes you the most happy.