Edit

White lines on your mind

Keep it steady. You were never ready

For the lies

You don’t have no Dr. Robert

You don’t have no Uncle Albert

You don’t even have good credit

You can write, but you can’t edit

So, what do you think of this? Just the other day it struck me that this song may be about Heather Mills.

People have commented that it’s about drugs because Dr. Robert supplied drugs to celebs, there’s the white lines reference and “you don’t even have good credit.” That all seems plausible BUT both song references connect to Paul McCartney (Dr. Robert- Beatles/ Uncle Albert- Paul and Linda McCartney)

I’m not sure what the white lines reference if we assume this is about Mills/ McCartney… it could be a number of things- some speculate she abused drugs, she accused him of using during divorce proceedings… or it could be white lines as in blank paper- the future they were going to have, or the lies she had the freedom to tell, like life to her is just white lines.

“Keep it steady. You were never ready for the lies”. Keep it steady seems like “stay on track with the lie” and Miss Mills was certainly known to lie. A lot.

The next 2 lines are referring to McCartney and maybe Mills proclaiming to have certain things in common with him, like she could connect with his songs/ his life, like she shared things with him but it was all made up… and then “you don’t even have good credit” Prob because some say she married him for his $- and got millions in the divorce. The double entendre here is that Mills also had bad credit/ credibility with her own honesty. Like I said, she was sort of known, or at least is now, for being a liar.

And finally, you can write, but you can’t edit- she made up a lot of lies but she also got caught. You can’t edit, you can’t fix the lies and make them believable.

White lines on your mind

Keep it steady. You were never ready

For the lies

You don’t have no Dr. Robert

You don’t have no Uncle Albert

You don’t even have good credit

You can write, but you can’t edit

So, what do you think of this? Just the other day it struck me that this song may be about Heather Mills.

People have commented that it’s about drugs because Dr. Robert supplied drugs to celebs, there’s the white lines reference and “you don’t even have good credit.” That all seems plausible BUT both song references connect to Paul McCartney (Dr. Robert- Beatles/ Uncle Albert- Paul and Linda McCartney)

I’m not sure what the white lines reference if we assume this is about Mills/ McCartney… it could be a number of things- some speculate she abused drugs, she accused him of using during divorce proceedings… or it could be white lines as in blank paper- the future they were going to have, or the lies she had the freedom to tell, like life to her is just white lines.

“Keep it steady. You were never ready for the lies”. Keep it steady seems like “stay on track with the lie” and Miss Mills was certainly known to lie. A lot.

The next 2 lines are referring to McCartney and maybe Mills proclaiming to have certain things in common with him, like she could connect with his songs/ his life, like she shared things with him but it was all made up… and then “you don’t even have good credit” Prob because some say she married him for his $- and got millions in the divorce. The double entendre here is that Mills also had bad credit/ credibility with her own honesty. Like I said, she was sort of known, or at least is now, for being a liar.

And finally, you can write, but you can’t edit- she made up a lot of lies but she also got caught. You can’t edit, you can’t fix the lies and make them believable.

Good theory, but I think this song was written way before the whole Mills/McCartney debacle.

I've never really thought to much about this song actually, just kinda always thought 'guy doing coke and screwing his life up' haha

Damn! I was proud of the fact that i even looked her up on Wiki and checked my facts about the drugs and such... i guess I should have checked dates.

Don't you think the PM references are odd though? You think it's simply coincidence?

hmmm... I Dr. Robert and Uncle Albert are referring to songs... Can't this song be about having no inspiration to write songs? Or not feeling the songs you write are good enough?

Like she has made Uncle Albert and Dr Robert come alive to help her write... But this writer aint got none of them. So there are only white lines (no words, no notes...) on her mind.

Regina has said many times she felt crude at first when starting to write songs. That she shouldn't be aloud since she was no Mozart, Beatle etc.

"You can write, but you can't edit". Maybe regina felt like that at first. She just wrote songs, but had no equipement to edit them properly and the way she wanted them to be edited. "I hear so much more stuff in my head than you guys hear right now..."

I don't think regina think so much of her songs, but this could be something shining through Smiler

Only thing; "the lies" though. Feels like she's lying in her songs because a lot is made up? But then this song is about someone else than reg, I think Smiler Don't think she sees her songs that way.