Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

In the City? Play a piano...

Pianos will be set up in random places around New York City as part of a public arts project.

...On corners, in parks, the pianos will be an eyeful as well as an earful, with attention-getting cases and living-color keys - green or blue, or all black instead of the usual allotment of 52 white and 36 black...

I hope reg can contain herself!

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes....playthings/?emc=eta1

Pianos will be set up in random places around New York City as part of a public arts project.

...On corners, in parks, the pianos will be an eyeful as well as an earful, with attention-getting cases and living-color keys - green or blue, or all black instead of the usual allotment of 52 white and 36 black...

I hope reg can contain herself!

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes....playthings/?emc=eta1

Oh, man, that is so cool! That is something I would love to see.

I have to agree with a couple of the comments, though:

"Um, what if it rains?"

"While I love this idea, I fear that they will have a big problem with vandalism, especially at nighttime."

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

"Um, what if it rains?"

"While I love this idea, I fear that they will have a big problem with vandalism, especially at nighttime."

That's what "piano buddies" are for. Wink

quote:
Sing for Hope has a plastic tarp to pull over each piano and a "piano buddy," a volunteer assigned to keep an eye on the weather and beat that cloudburst, just like the grounds crews at Yankee Stadium.

Your concerns are valid obviously. Let's just live in the moment!!! Wouldn't it be something if some NYC based artists just sat down and went to town literally?

Hi Rosa Cool

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

That's what "piano buddies" are for. Wink

quote:
Sing for Hope has a plastic tarp to pull over each piano and a "piano buddy," a volunteer assigned to keep an eye on the weather and beat that cloudburst, just like the grounds crews at Yankee Stadium.

Ah. Cool beans. Smiler I realize that was pessimistic of me.

Hi, George. Smiler