Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

In the City? Play a piano...

only in new york, lol.

that sounds awesome. Really pianists are a dying breed. I wish my mother would have made me practice and maybe i would have something to show for my 7 years of piano lessons that I took. now I can only remember how to play ode to joy and it sucks.

Even in choir when our instructor was gone there were only 2 really great pianist on par with our teacher and then 3 other people who could bang out notes at all, out of 60 musically inclined persons!

my children will be chained to an instrument. i love how classically trained people talk about their instruments. I love how reg said in her interview with "taking Note" that she was missing a connection with ehr piano when she moved to NY. and Joanna newsom describes her harp as an extension of her body! I would kill to be that good at anything!

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

I wish my mother would have made me practice and maybe i would have something to show for my 7 years of piano lessons that I took. now I can only remember how to play ode to joy and it sucks.

Nice to see you around these parts again!

You sound exactly like me. Except that with my seven years of lessons, the only thing I could sit down and play on the spot now is We Will Glorify. hahaha ahhh, all of those years for naught...